Rota-Flex (Trail Air) or Mor Ryde ??

life110mph

We are going to purchase a Rubber suspension for our pin box on our 2012 3010.
Any preference from other owners ? Not much feed back out there on comparison or the rota-flex in general.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello life110mph. Welcome to the forum. You will probably get several different opinions on the pinboxes.
I have the Trail Air Tri Glide and love it. If I were to get another rig I would go the same route.
Others will have differing opinions.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

Don't see or hear much of the Roto-Flex pin box. A few mfgs use them as std. equipment. Mor Ryde is way more more popular...Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
1 vote for Mor/Ryde. I have also noticed that all the new Montana's are coming with the Mor/Ryde pinboxes. Check this site for prices. Tweetys.com.

Wharton

I thought Mor/Ryde pin box was for chucking and Trail Air was for ???. Anyway, I think they solve different problems. A vague memory.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I thought Mor/Ryde pin box was for chucking and Trail Air was for ???. Anyway, I think they solve different problems. A vague memory.

Tom, you are correct....kinda. Trail Air has the air cushion for up and down. The Trail Air Tri Glide softens up and down and eliminates chucking as well. Well, to clarify let me say that in around 10,000 miles I have not had any chucking on the same roads that I have traveled in the past and had chucking without the Tri Glide.
I am not discounting any other brand of pin box, I can only comment on what I have.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have the Trail Air with the Tri Glide. I may even have bragging rights to be the first Heartland owner to do the conversion on my own. Yes it was worth it, If I had to do it over, I would opt for the shorter jaw version if I could. Lighter overall weight.
I've not heard of the roto flex before. Mor Ryde pins are loved by those that have them so they must be good as well.

boatdoc

We put one of the first roto-flex pins on our last 5th wheel, an Open Road 349, and it worked very well for the chucking that it was designed for. I was going to take it off and use it on the 3670 but the buyer of the Open Road wanted it and paid us extra to leave it on. He was empressed on how it worked. We have the airborn on the 3670 and like it also.

dprince99

We're using the Mor/Ryde with the trailer saver air hitch.
I would have the Trail Air Tri Glide if not for the air hitch.