Goshen rally info needed

szewczyk_john

While we have been RVer's for 15 years, we are new to the heartland owners group and to rallys in general. the Goshen rally will be our first. What might we need to bring and what can we expect? Should we pack as if it was just another camping trip? We really have not received any info since we registered a few months ago. I would appreciate any replies.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on what you pack for a camping trip. I have attached a copy of the preliminary agenda. There will be some furnished meals, so plan your meals accordingly. You can pack food or there is a Wal Mart nearby. Of course if restaurants are your thing there are plenty of them in the area. There is a potluck as you will see in the agenda so consider that. Some chapers will have their own potluck on one day. PA will have plenty of members in attendance, most coming in a convoy from the PA rally.
If you are campfire people as most are, there are no campfires allowed at the Elkhart County Fairgrounds.
You may need an extra length of sewer and water hose, depending you your site.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• 2011_agenda.pdf
    792.3 KB · Views: 81

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I just pack like another camping trip. We do have the pot luck so you need to think of some thing to bring. The sewer hookups are in the back of your camper so bring lots of sewer hose and water hose. I hope this helps!!

Last edited:

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Welcome, John & Lisa. When you arrive you will be taken to your site. You will recieve a foldeer with the rally info. Right now there is not too much info on the forum - things change. Just bring the normal things you take on a camping trip.
There will be plenty of people available to answer your questions and give you any advise, help, and direction you may, or in some cases, may not want. Take a look at the rally forum site and you can get an outline of what is taking place each day, but now specific times. Gerry & I are on site 408, please stop by for a cool one. See you in Goshen & travel safely.

SmokeyBare

The Rally is an exciting time... a chance to see Heartland Shine with several crews who come out of the plant to do minor fixes to the Beautiful RVs they have built.

The typical dress is casual & comfortable. I would make sure to have comfortable shoes. There will be Golf carts used for transport to and from the Rally sessions and events.

As already mentioned, there will be pot luck dinners as well as Catered dinner. The Factory tour is a great time to see how they put these rigs together. Hopefully the RV Museum will still be open, through these difficult times the has been comments it might close down. There will be educational sessions offered as well as sessions for the ladies such as crafting projects and well, we'll have to wait and see what else.

The chance to see a fine group of RV owners all gathered together is worth the trip alone in my view.

It won't be long now... Lets get Ready to Rally !!

szewczyk_john

how is it that some know there spot number already? potluck dinner? everyone makes a dish and brings it and everyone shares, correct? how big of a serving size should a dish be made for? which day is the pot luck dinner on, its not clear on agenda?

jbeletti

John,

More info will be emailed to all rally attendees in the next few days. Sites will also be assigned in the next few days. On potluck night, which is Thursday, bring a dish to share for as many people as you are comfortable in making. At least 8 but the more, the better :)

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
how is it that some know there spot number already? potluck dinner?
John, previous rally attendees have an option to have the same site they had at previous rallies. As for the potluck, there is always plenty of food. You can provide anything you like. Some folks have a "signature" dish of some sort they like to prepare but anything you bring will be fine.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
One thing to keep in mind anytime you go to the Elkhart/Goshen area, and that is to bring money and go hungry. There are so many different places to buy RV parts and supplies and so many great eating places you will see what I mean.

GETnBYE

The things I try to plan ahead on are:
disposable serving dishes > the less dishes the better and great to not have to hunt your dish down after the potluck.
non cold ingredients for my potluck recipes.......remember to pack recipes!
advance grocery list made for those items you need to pick up there.....I hate spending my fun time in the grocery store.
I also try to think of potluck dishes that don't take to long to cook or that can be done the night before....I'd rather spend time with friends than over the stove.
I also try to do a veg and a dessert.
*One thing I learned is pie is not the best to serve, I will try to think of something that will serve easier.
Hope that helps, I have only been to one rally so I am sure you will get some other great planning tips.
Nita

truknutt

Committed Member
While we have been RVer's for 15 years, we are new to the heartland owners group and to rallys in general. the Goshen rally will be our first. What might we need to bring and what can we expect? Should we pack as if it was just another camping trip? We really have not received any info since we registered a few months ago. I would appreciate any replies.

Welcome John (& crew)! While all the info posted above is true, one of the most important things to know is that all your hookups are at the tail end of your sites; water, sewer & electricity. If you're like me, the ramp door will be down so that adds another 8-10 feet. The sites are gravel but fairly level. I used 1 2x8 on one side of the Cyclone and ended up perfectly level. The roadways are flat & paved so if you ride bicycles, this is the easiest place to ride that I ever been to.

Lots of socializing, rig touring & oh, the presentations. Definitely pack light on the food. Quite a few are bringing their motorcycles and riding to the toyhauler factory for their tour on Saturday.

See you there!!