Do I really need both Propane Tanks?

marc515

I see that the MPG comes with two tanks, and I'm just wondering if I can save some weight by taking one of the tanks off?

What's your experience for short term camping of about a week?

Thank you

Rrloren

With only one tank you will run out of propane and likely at a bad time. I wouldn't want to be without both tanks, I get antsy when one of mine empties and the auto switchover occurs. Can't wait till I can fill the empty one.

jnbhobe

I see that the MPG comes with two tanks, and I'm just wondering if I can save some weight by taking one of the tanks off?

Thank you

You only need one tank !! That is till you run it empty, then you'll wish you had two.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Agree with Rich and Jon. Have run out of propane once. Just happened to have an empty second one. that won't happen again.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You will never run out of Propane during the day. Propane tanks only run out in the middle of the night, especially if it is cold outside. (just joking)

pegmikef

And when I'm boondocking using my generators, I take a third one with me since I use propane to run the frig and hot water heater (as well as the heater if it is cold) and, oh yeah, cook too.

GOTTOYS

30-40# you won't even notice the difference in weight. Leave one home and I ga-ron-tee you'll run out before the trip is over....Don

Birchwood

Unless you are grossly overweight already a tank of propane will not cost you anymore money to haul.
I have two 40 lb tanks on my rv and thought about the weights a few times but overtime I realized
this Landmark is heavy and 40 extra pounds doesn't mean anything.

caissiel

If you want less weight just pump in 1/2 the propane in each tank and you will have a spare when needed.