Do any of you guys have add-on mirrors?

marc515

Do any of you guys have add-on mirrors for towing your MPG?

This question relates to the MPG only:

Since the MPG is only about 6-1/2' wide VS the 8' for most other trailers, Im thinking my regular mirrors should provide adequate visibility?

What's your experience, and if you did see the need for some type of clip on mirrors, which did you find to be the best without damagng your vehicle?

Thank you

Last edited:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I had a set of Cipa slide on mirrors for my GMC truck that worked very well. They fit tight enough not to rattle or vibrate and gave me a good view of the sides of the trailer.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: Do any of you guys have add-on mirrors for towing your MPG?

marc, what is your tow vehicle? If you can see down each side of the MPG with the existing mirrors, you should be fine. I like to be able to see if a vehicle behind me is peeking out to pass.

We use them on our Rav 4 when towing. If not we could not see a thing in the Ravs standard mirrors.

camr

We use a set of Reese clip on mirrors. They are held on by two rubber straps, and have both a flat and convex mirror in them. The rubber straps are showing signs of sun damage after only one year. On the up side, they appear to fit really odd sized mirrors. Our Enclave has an almost "tear drop" shaped mirror, and if they can fit this mirror, I think they could fit any mirror! They are far from professional, but at $15 a piece, they fit the purpose.
If you are going to use them for a week at a time, they should do just fine. If you are taking a month to tour the country, I would suggest something more durable and professional.
Cam