What Brand of Truck Are You Using for a Tow Vehicle??

What Brand Truck Are You Towing With

• Chevy / GMC ( Gas )

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Chevy / GMC ( Diesel )

Votes: 32 26.0%
  • Dodge ( Gas )

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Dodge ( Diesel )

Votes: 34 27.6%
  • Ford ( Gas )

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Ford ( Diesel )

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • Medium or Heavy Duty Hauler

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

SilverRhino

It appears to me that nothing is as biased or narrow minded as truck brand forums. Each one you look at of course will tell you they are the best. Recently I was on a specific truck brand forum and members were discussing which truck was the predominant tow vehicle being used.

Based on personal observations, I had problems with the comments posted, but no real sound data to base my opinion on.

So....Out of curiosity, I thought it would be interesting to see what trucks are being used by HL owners.

caissiel

My Ford per signiture rocks. I have been very surprised at the performance and efficiency towing the 3500RL unit.

Bighurt

I tow my RV with my F350...I love it and it's far from stock and I love the power. Only issue is rolling coal up a steep grade, in some states is a bad tattle tail. Other than that I average between 10-11 mpg pulling the 3300RLB, in the flat lands of ND.

jnbhobe

I have a 2011 Ford F350, 4X4, Lariat Ultimate, CC, LB, SRW, Diesel,Auto, 3.55 E-Locker, Pulling an 09 Bighorn 3370

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine's a GMC 3500HD D/A 4x4 DRW. Other than the larger, 56 gallon mid-ship fuel tank I put on it, it's all original equipment. Handles the BH3670 with no problem.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Can we vote twice?? LOL...just traded the Chevy Medium Duty Kodiak for a 2011 Chevy 3500 HD...really like the Duramax and Allison combination.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I LOVE my 01 Dodge. I've pulled lot's of loads up and down and all around and in 10 years it hasn't given me a lick of trouble. The jury is still out on the Ford. I'll check back in say....120 months. :cool: BTW I voted Dodge.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've been happy with my Chevy but after seeing that thread on the new Dodge a few days ago.... If I were to be shopping, I'd give it a serious look see. Of course I'd have to win the lotto first.

lwmcguir

We have purchased all of them new including International so this goes back many years. Ford has been the only truck to hold up and still have decent trade in value over the past 50 years or so. Still is the truck of choice for us and we have some that are over 30 years old hauling water/feed and so on. They are truly built tougher. As far as taking one down the hi-way they will all do the job and it comes down to getting the most for your money. That is why our Sunday truck is a 2011 F350 CC KR 4X4 6.7. Best truck we have every owned by far.

plumberdude

nice job s.r
we own 010 dodge one ton 4x4 stock diesel.
any truck will do the job we want it to do, some harder that others.
it all comes down to the wieght you are hauling, you can gear anything to haul, but stopping it, well thats another story!!!!
good job s.r.
pat
we are glad to be americans to make that choice.THANK-VETS FOR YOUR SERVICE .

SilverRhino

With 70 HL owners having responded......I am surprised at the results!

In my observations of TVs in RV Parks.....I would have said that Fords out numbered the Dodge and Chevy's 2:1! Of course the members of the Dodge forum I frequent state that the Dodges out number the Fords at least 2:1.

So at this point............Random sampling seems to be much less biased than "Brand Forums" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mmomega

AnyTimer
Currently a Ford SRW. In the market looking for a new one, atm leaning more towards the new Ford DRW but I want to drive the new GMC as well, I've just always like the GMC front more than the bowtie. It just comes down mainly to personal preference and I guess family influence growing up, we were always a mix of Ford and Chevy.
I think the Cummins is a great engine, I just don't personally like the trucks they are mated too.