• Glenda or Author 336-853-4567
  • www.crosswindsfamilycampground.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee:
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee:
Details:

------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 23. Site numbers C1-C15(all pull thru)and site numbers B1-B8(back in)
  • Site fee: $$31.00 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20.00 per rig
  • Dinner date: 10/8/2011 Lexington BBQ provided by the NC HOC. Everyone asked to bring a side item
  • Dinner time: 7:00

• Event Leader: trdeal(click to contact)
Additional Info:
I-85 is under construction in this area.Please be aware of changing traffic patterns. Once arriving at 100 Sowers rd. follow (Campground) signs to the campground.
There are many historic sites and activities in this area (the famous Lexington BBQ for one). More details on event activities coming soon.

Here is the most recent info concerning traffic conditions to the campground:

Directions:
Traveling Southbound I-85, Exit 85, Clark Rd. Right turn at end of ramp, 500 ft, left turn at stop sign onto Old Salisbury Rd. Continue 1 mile to stop sign at NC Hwy 150. Go straight across NC Hwy 150, approximately 1/4 mile. Right turn on Sowers Rd. Campground is first driveway on the right.

Attention!! Traveling Northbound I-85, Use Exit 86, Belmont Rd and follow signs for Detour to NC Hwy 150. At the intersection of Hwy 150, go straight across Hwy 150. In approximately 1/4 mile, make a right turn on Sowers Rd. Campground is first driveway on the right!

For a list of the area attractions please click on the link below.

http://crosswindsfamilycampground.com/areaattractions.html

Schedule of Events
(Tenative Schedule)

Friday 5:00 pm for those interested we will meet at Site C1 for a potluck dinner.Bring your dinner and come over and fellowship at Terry and Renee's

Friday night 6:30- Meet and Greet around the campfire.Bring your marshmellow roasting sticks.Terry and Renee will provide the marshmellows and the stuff for smores.

Saturday morning 9:00- Coffee and Doughnuts in Pavillion

Diesel Truck talk. (Time to be announced)

Take a trip with us to get a taste of North Carolina's largest Banana Split 1:00 (Depart from site 1)

High Rock Nursery Corn Maze 3:00 (Bring 5 canned items per person for a 3 dollar discount.)

Saturday 7:00 pm -until.... Dinner and campfire: Club will provide Lexington Pork BBQ. Everyone plan on bringing a side dish and your own beverage.Come prepared to tell a few of your favorite camping stories.

Sunday 8:30 AM Coffee and Doughnuts at the Pavilion

Sunday 9:00 AM-9:30 AM- Sunday Service- Nathaniel Cline will be speaking.

Sunday 1:00 pm Carolina Panthers vs New Orleans Saints Site C1
Bring your favorite snacks and join as we cheer on the Panthers

Attendee List

Terry and Renee Deal (trdeal) Site C1
Phil and Becky Smith (Phil Smith) Site C2
Lance and Kem Duguay (lduguay) Site C3
Donnie and Sandy Tesh (Dtesh) Site C4
Kim and Teresa Pannell (Pannell) Site C5
Bob Seelig Site C6
Rodney and Suzy Geohagan (SGeohagan) Site C7
Larry and Samantha Bandstra (SouthernNights) Site C8
Gary and Dian Capen (GanDCapen) Site C9
Troy,Shannon,Bryson Phillips (troybilt) C10
Ed and Barbara Rauch (Ed) Site C11
Eric and Dorothy Van Opstal (Flying Dutchman)Site C12
Dave and Julie Yokum (davebenningtone) Site 13

Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Terry this sounds like another opportunity for a good time. We'll have to wait and see but it may be doable!

How far is this from Piedmont Triad Airport? Not that I intend to fly but.....just asking.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Terry this sounds like another opportunity for a good time. We'll have to wait and see but it may be doable!
We hope you and John can make it Deb. But if not we understand.

Deb. The cg is about and hour from the airport.I bet John could rig up a 5th wheel hitch for that airplane if he wanted to.

Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
This will end my attendence question! Sorry Terry, we will not be able to attend as it is also the NY Chapter Rally in Bath, NY:) and we will be heading there for the weekend! We will again miss out on time spent with our Southern friends, but reservations are already made for NYand we will be having the same sort of fun and enjoying the changing of the leaves in NY state! Maybe we can do a video chat during the rallies so we can all be in both places at the same time!

trdeal

This will end my attendence question! Sorry Terry, we will not be able to attend as it is also the NY Chapter Rally in Bath, NY:) and we will be heading there for the weekend! We will again miss out on time spent with our Southern friends, but reservations are already made for NYand we will be having the same sort of fun and enjoying the changing of the leaves in NY state! Maybe we can do a video chat during the rallies so we can all be in both places at the same time!
Sorry about that Deb.We will see each other somewhere along the way.The club is growing into every state now and it is getting harder and harder to make all the rallies we want to go to. The video chat sounds good.Which one of our high tech friends is going to work this out for us?

Jim & Harriet

you are right about "so-many-rallies...so-little-time." maybe for 2012 the NE and SE leaders can get together and
publish a rally calendar in Januaty so we will all know what's happening when. That would help with the vacation
day planning. Also, maybe a "someplace in the middle NE & SE Rally?"
as for the video chat - if you both have web cams and the Skype program it is pretty easy to do. you should make
a practice video call just to check that everything is working. it is free to download the program www.skype.com

trdeal

you are right about "so-many-rallies...so-little-time." maybe for 2012 the NE and SE leaders can get together and
publish a rally calendar in Januaty so we will all know what's happening when. That would help with the vacation
day planning. Also, maybe a "someplace in the middle NE & SE Rally?"
as for the video chat - if you both have web cams and the Skype program it is pretty easy to do. you should make
a practice video call just to check that everything is working. it is free to download the program www.skype.com
Thanks Jim and Harriet. Skype sounds good,but I don't have a web cam on my computer.I am thinking about buying another laptop.I will be sure it has a webcam..Thanks for the suggestions. That gives us something to think about.

trdeal

Hi everyone.Renee and I hope that "all ya'll" are having a great summer filled with lots of camping with your family and friends.The fourth of July is coming.This is always a big vacation event around our house.One we look forward to all year.I am sure it is probably the same for you.But, just as quickly as summer time has come it will be gone.Really,October and the fall rally are just around the corner.We just wanted to give you an idea of a couple of things we are looking at for the fall rally.We have had the suggestion to hold a Skype session between our rally and the New York rally being held the same weekend. Lance Duguay has agreed to handle things on our end and if the New York Chapter leaders are in agreement,Deb Bylinski has agreed to help us on their end.That would be a NC HOC Chapter first.We are also looking at a trip to the NC Transportation Museum, which is just a few miles away from the campground. There you can step back in history and see some vintage trains and even take a train ride. Renee took her mom and dad a few years ago and they really enjoyed it.Don't forget the world famous Lexington BBQ which is also near by.We also know a place where you can get the biggest bananna split we have ever seen! And the best part will be spending time with all our great Heartland friends and the fun we will have. Another good thing to remember is that pull thru sites are available,just request one when you make your reservation.Like grandma used to say,"the early bird gets the worm"or in this case the pull thru site.Once you have made your reservation,please circle back around here and let us know your site number and the date you will be arriving and departing so we can post it in the attendees list.I guess that is it for now.Stay tuned to post 1 for more details which will be coming soon.We hope everyone has a great weekend and a great summer of camping and fun. One more thing. Cross Winds CG has a list of activities available in the near vicinity of the campground. You can see these activities by going to www.crosswindsfamilycampground,com.

Last edited:

trdeal

Hi everyone and Happy Fathers day to all you dads out there.Here is an update to post 1 of this thread. Crosswinds cg is holding 23 sites for us.Sites number C1-C15 which are all pull thru and sites B1-B8 which are all back in.Just be sure to tell Arthur or Glenda that you are with the Heartland Owners club group when you call.Thanks and have a great weekend.

lduguay

OK, Mr. Deal.......The Duguay's are booked for the Big October NC RALLY!!! Put us down for site C-3......were gonna be looking out our window making sure you stay outta trouble!!! Oh, its a PULL THROUGH, so no scoring this time.....even though my backing skills are almost to the "Expert" level!!! :cool:

Definition of "Expert":
"X" = unknown quantity in math
"(s)PERT" = drip under pressure

Not sure exactly what I am saying about my newly acquired "Skills"??......:rolleyes:

Lance

PS. The Internet is now operational at the CG, the lady I spoke with was not sure of speed at sites, so we might have to make a trip up there some weekend to TEST the Skype (it does required decent broadband)......oh, the plan, is to hook up to your NEW basement LARGE SCREEN TV to do the NC to NY connection (or will we have access to a large screen TV in the meeting area??).....should be fun!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
The Internet is now operational at the CG, the lady I spoke with was not sure of speed at sites, so we might have to make a trip up there some weekend to TEST the Skype (it does required decent broadband)......oh, the plan, is to hook up to your NEW basement LARGE SCREEN TV to do the NC to NY connection (or will we have access to a large screen TV in the meeting area??).....should be fun!!

We are going to work off my MIFI unless the CG wifi is better! We also plan an outdoor connection to a TV around the campfire! Looking forward to the first SKYPE Rally to Rally Connection!

trdeal

OK, Mr. Deal.......The Duguay's are booked for the Big October NC RALLY!!! Put us down for site C-3......were gonna be looking out our window making sure you stay outta trouble!!! Oh, its a PULL THROUGH, so no scoring this time.....even though my backing skills are almost to the "Expert" level!!! :cool:

Definition of "Expert":
"X" = unknown quantity in math
"(s)PERT" = drip under pressure

Not sure exactly what I am saying about my newly acquired "Skills"??......:rolleyes:

Lance

PS. The Internet is now operational at the CG, the lady I spoke with was not sure of speed at sites, so we might have to make a trip up there some weekend to TEST the Skype (it does required decent broadband)......oh, the plan, is to hook up to your NEW basement LARGE SCREEN TV to do the NC to NY connection (or will we have access to a large screen TV in the meeting area??).....should be fun!!
Sounds great Lance!Glad you guys got your reservation.Thanks also for being willing to help with the Skype connection.We are looking forward to seeing you guys soon.And a trial run weekend to Cross Winds great. We will give you a call in a few days and work it out.

trdeal

We are going to work off my MIFI unless the CG wifi is better! We also plan an outdoor connection to a TV around the campfire! Looking forward to the first SKYPE Rally to Rally Connection!
Thanks Deb for the help of you and everyone else involved on your end. It is exciting.

trdeal

Eric and Hallie and Tater Grubaugh have just made reservations at Cross Winds cg!They are in site C10! That is great! We are looking forward to seeing you there.

trdeal

We are hoping to attend if we are able to be back from Maine.[/QUOTE GanDDapen,that sounds great!Have a safe trip tp Maine and hopefully you will be back in time to attend the rally.You will have a great time.If we can be of any help to you please let us know.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
We have made reservations to arrive Friday 10/7 and will be on site C-12. This will be the beginning of our southern travels that will take us to the GA/FL rally in Brunswick, a quick jaunt down to the FL Key's, then back to Charleston for the SC rally. From there is anyone's guess. Looking forward to being with our Heartland family and having a great rally.

trdeal

We have made reservations to arrive Friday 10/7 and will be on site C-12. This will be the beginning of our southern travels that will take us to the GA/FL rally in Brunswick, a quick jaunt down to the FL Key's, then back to Charleston for the SC rally. From there is anyone's guess. Looking forward to being with our Heartland family and having a great rally.
Eric and Dorothy,that is great.Renee and I are glad you have decided to join us.Have safe travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.