Water Leak

NSNorthtrail

Hi all,
Woke up this morning in the trailer and noticed a a piece of trim hanging from the the cabinent that is attached to the front wall. Upon closer inspection I saw some pretty significant water damage in the side piece of wood in the cabinent. I inspected inside the cabinent and observed it to be quite damp (It has rained here for a week). Up on the roof I go.....All the roof chaulking was great, no cracks. I then inspected the front marker light and saw that the chaulking had a crack in the seal. I took it off, cleaned it up and resealed it. As well in the cabinent, I put a block heater in there and will let it run for a while in an attempt to dry it up in there.
Do you guys think this is where the water was coming from? Is this common and how much damage do you suspect has been done inside the wall on the front end?
Peter

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Clearance lights are notorious for leaks. The sad part is many times it goes unnoticed for years. In your case, keep an eye on it. Once you feel it's dry, you should be able to tell if the wood and adjacent paneling still feel normal.

archbarb

We owned a NT 26RKS for a couple of years before we bought our BC, and we were lucky not to have any leaks where you are talking about. We did have a few friends that did have leaks and it was found to be coming in thru the exterior lights up front above the cabinets where the caulking had failed. One of the NT's had to be sent back to the factory for extensive repairs to the front of the unit!!!!!

Archie