Sewer odor under sink!

exdwarfer

We are noticing some "sewer" odor under the penninsula sink in our 3610RE. We are wondering if this is normal? or could there be a problem with the vent check valve on the drain line. Has anyone else encountered this?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, some people have encountered that. Check the Studor valve (air admittance) located under the sink. It is spring operated and may not be seating correctly.
They can be purchased at any bog box home center such as Home Depot. Just a couple of bucks if you feel you need a new one.

Peace
Dave

ChopperBill

Take a drawer or two out of the cabinet on the left side of the sink. You will notice that the "workings" of the trailer is can be seen just to the left of the opening. You also can feel air coming in. I did my best to cover that opening with some plastic sheeting and tape. Stopped the slight odor problem that we had at times. Haven't figured out to make a better fix because of all the pipes and wires coming in, maybe someone else has.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We've had this problem for several years and last fall I replaced the Vent Cap on th eroof with one of those wind directional vents in the hope this solves the problem../Doug

hoefler

If you look at your drain plumbing under the sink, you will find the trap or traps that go from the sink drains to the main drain line. At the main drain line, the trap should go into a tee fitting. At the top of the tee fitting you will find a one way vent. If this is where you are feeling air coming in, the vent is bad. Remove it and take it to your local hardware store or plumbing supplier. They about $3, and don't have to be purchased at an RV supplier.

exdwarfer

Thanks for the suggestions! I read one of the "suggested" threads at the bottom of the page and it had mentioned the one-way vent under the sink. May try another one to see if it helps. Would think they could have routed behind a drawer to the bathroom wall and get access to the roof to vent outside?
Again, thanks for the help!

See some of you in Goshen! SOOOOON!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Another thing that could cause you some issues is leaving the gray tank drain open. Only open it when you are draining it. After draining then close it.

Boca_Shuffles

A couple years ago, there was an owner who had a screw or staple that had erroneously penetrated the vent pipe. You might check the vent pipe for problems.