Shake down

Bob Vaughn

We just got back from a 6 day shake down.....Every thing worked just fine....My only flub up was with my TT I could park on a slightly unlevel spot and level with the jacks...I did not notice that the level ball on the front of the pin was off to one side and when I went inside I found we had a list to the starboard side....It was aggravating but not enough to hitch up and put it on blocks....I will make sure we are level from side to side from now on..
What a PITA to make the bed....the bed room slide could have been a couple of inches wider.....:mad:

GOTTOYS

A lot easier to make the bed if you slide the mattress down toward the foot end, then make the bed. Some are putting floor tile or something slippery like that on the bed deck to make it easier to slide the mattress. Try it...Don

Bob Vaughn

That is what we did this morning when we changed the sheets in preparation for our big trip next month.....

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We used contact paper from wallyworld on the osb board. Sure helps sliding the mattress down to make the bed up e-zr.

jpajax

Go too HF (Harbor Fright) or any place that sells cheep tarps, staple it to base of bed. Works very well for not very little $.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We just got back from a 6 day shake down.....Every thing worked just fine....My only flub up was with my TT I could park on a slightly unlevel spot and level with the jacks...I did not notice that the level ball on the front of the pin was off to one side and when I went inside I found we had a list to the starboard side....It was aggravating but not enough to hitch up and put it on blocks....I will make sure we are level from side to side from now on..
Bob, try to find a set of graduated levels for placement on the front and side of the rig. These will tell you how many inches you need to level the rig from side to side. They are almost the coolest thing since buttered toast for under $10. CLICK HERE
You get the rig on the spot, look at the number on the level, place your boards and you're good to go.

Bob Vaughn

My level tells me how much I need to raise either side........but once you are un hooked the stablizers in the front can only be raised if you are hooked to the 5th wheel and I had already unhooked and parked the truck....plus the stablizers in the back both go up and down at the same time and I do not know if they could have raised one side if I had put blocks under the leg that was low....

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bob, yes you can add blocks under the rear stabilizers. If your not off too much they will compensate on there own. I carry 4 4x10x12" blocks and some 2x10x12" blocks just for the reason. If one side is off by..lets say 6-7"...then I would add some blocks under the low side.

GOTTOYS

My level tells me how much I need to raise either side........but once you are un hooked the stablizers in the front can only be raised if you are hooked to the 5th wheel and I had already unhooked and parked the truck....plus the stablizers in the back both go up and down at the same time and I do not know if they could have raised one side if I had put blocks under the leg that was low....
You can move your front stabilizers up or down when unhooked, I do it the time. The rear stabilizers do not move the same distance at the same time. If one should be higher than the other it will seek it's own level. I usually put blocks under mine because the less they are extended the less they tend to flex resulting in some shaking.....Don

traveler44

I still use the plastic stackable leveling blocks under the low side tires. After that the landing gear is adjustable by pin holes and 2x8x8s. The rear stabilizers adjust themselves when one side is slightly higher. One thing I did was to turn the rear stab. switch upside down. That way it works the same as the landing gear switch. In the dark I just push in at the bottom to extend and top to retract- helps people with poor eyesight. Tom M.