Propane Bar-B-Q

Rodbuster

Hi, I'm the guy thats just starting out and has 2000 questions.
I'm picking up my 2012 Key Largo this weekend and I'm trying to stock it with things that I'll need.

I'm looking for a "good" portable propane bar-b-q.
Comments and suggestions would sure help.

Thank you
Rodbuster

jnbhobe

Weber Baby Q with a adapter hose and cart!!! Check out the Virginia rally thread here //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...VA-Williamsburg-5-13-2011-to-5-15-2011/page13 Post # 128

Buford445

I just got the Weber Q 200 and LOVE it, it is the bigger I have a friend that has the Baby Q (Q 100 I Believe) and has had it for many yrs

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
The charcoal ones I think give the best flavor. But if and when we do but a gas one it will be a weber Q. The propane connector hooked to you on board tank is the way to go.

Only a few more days until you are in Key Largoville. Did Fran spend you out of house and home?

Rodbuster

The charcoal ones I think give the best flavor. But if and when we do but a gas one it will be a weber Q. The propane connector hooked to you on board tank is the way to go.

Only a few more days until you are in Key Largoville. Did Fran spend you out of house and home?

So nice of you to ask. Please send money...please.
That girl knows how to shop.

Thank you for your reply
Rodbuster

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Rodbuster, You will never find the perfect grill. Just purchase what you want and at the same time sign up for the
joint Florida - Georgia Rally in Brunswick. GA. in October. Randy, Santha & the poodles

branson4020

Icantre Member
I just got the Weber Q 200 and LOVE it, it is the bigger I have a friend that has the Baby Q (Q 100 I Believe) and has had it for many yrs

Second this. I had the smaller one but it didn't seem to have quite enough horsepower to sear the way we like.

FARMER45

i have a tec cherokee portable infrared gas grill, it will cook a inch thick steak to medium in 8 minutes, cooks at about 700 degrees its a 13,500 btu
its a bit pricey but its great. stanless steel and light weight

Last edited:

Cimriver

No doubt the Weber Q is a great grill. We had one, but sold it last winter. We loved the grill, but didn't like the weight. We had the 200 which is the bigger one, but found the 100 a bit heavy also. Attached to the weber table it was just a bit much.

branson4020

Icantre Member
No doubt the Weber Q is a great grill. We had one, but sold it last winter. We loved the grill, but didn't like the weight. We had the 200 which is the bigger one, but found the 100 a bit heavy also. Attached to the weber table it was just a bit much.

Well, that is one area I am still struggling with. If we don't have a picnic table to set the grill on, my whimpy little aluminum roll-up table is pretty shaky with that 200 on top. Still searching for the solution....

Yellowreef

I have the O-grill 3000 and I absolutely love it. Nice cast iron grill, foldable legs and pretty portable. Just as hot as my full size at home. If you do some research, you can get the 3000 online for the price of the 1000 at Camping World.

JonV

Well, that is one area I am still struggling with. If we don't have a picnic table to set the grill on, my whimpy little aluminum roll-up table is pretty shaky with that 200 on top. Still searching for the solution....

Weber sells a stand that fits the 100 and 200 series and is sturdy and is good as new after 5 years of fairly steady use.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Like several others, WeberQ. We have the 120 which is the same size as the 100 but it has folding side tables. Best portable grill I've ever owned. $150 at most places including Walmart.

MarkL

Like several others, WeberQ. We have the 120 which is the same size as the 100 but it has folding side tables. Best portable grill I've ever owned. $150 at most places including Walmart.

That's great to hear! My wife bought me a 120 this weekend as an early Father's Day present for the 5ver.

Thanks Ray!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We've had the Baby Q for a several seasons and it was OK, but a bit small. We got the Q200 this year and it's perfect. I like to grill veggies along with the meats. I have the Weber folding cart for it. At our campsite, I dig a couple of shallow grooves in the dirt under the main slide and park the grill on the cart under the slide when not in use.

GOTTOYS

I use a small folding Werner aluminum work scaffold. It sits about 30" high is around 3 feet wide and folds up. It's useful for washing the trailer, as a small workbench and lots of other things. About $25-35.00 at most of the big box home improvement stores. Don