SOLD - Trail America tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Steeves

I have 3 Trail America LT235/85R16 load range G tires that have approx. 4,000 miles on them. Make offer. You pay freight.
Gary Steeves

I have sold these tires......

Last edited:

Cooper

I have 4 Trail America tires LT235/85R16 load range G approx. 5,500 miles.
Make offer

gawelsh

What have you replaced these tires with - the Goodyears ? We're always interested in the tire and wheel discussions. (we have theTrail Americas on our Landmark).

tdharley

I ordered my Goodyears today and honestly will not sell the Missions.

I will though install them in the grandkids playground to climb on.

ChopperBill

I'll give ya both a penny a pound delivered. ;)
p.s I have 4 Loadstars that I need to unload if someones interested. Dont think I am going to find a forum reader to buy 'em but thought I would give it a try.
p.s. tdharley Dont think I would even let my grandkids play on 'em!

ct0218

Shouldn't be hard to unload them. That size and load range is also used on utility and gooseneck trailers. I have the Goodyears on my new gooseneck, and they can be used in a LR E situation as well. I'm keeping my 4 for use on various trailers we use for material hauling. I think we have 4 trailers that use that size. I agree that they shouldn't be used on a TT or FW--only utility.

Gary Steeves

Switch to Goodyears

I also replaced mine with the Goodyear G614. I just ran them 1500 miles and no problems. The Goodyear dealer (Commercial truck tire dealer) advised starting out about 100psi cold. I did so and the pressure built to about 112psi in all 4 tires - per my tire pressure monitoring system. These tires are also marked as "regroovable" - not that I would do that, but that alone says something for the quality of the tire.

I think Heartland should put nothing but top quality tires on all their top end models, but expect the extra profit they get with less expensive rubber speaks volumes to the bottom line.....

Gary Steeves

vangoes

I've read a lot of stuff about Trail America tires from the factory on this forum. The tires on my BH are Karrier Load Stars. Does anyone else have these tires from the factory? All I know is they are China tires (as printed on the sidewall). I have about 5,000 miles on them and they still look like new. I really hate to replace tires that "appear" good but I have really become paranoid about these China tires. I was looking around a large RV dealer last weekend that carries Monaco (Mckenise), Coachman, Raptors, and Holiday Ramblers. Not one had China tires. All of them had either Goodyears ST's or various American LT's on the lighter models. That just made my paranoia worse!

ChopperBill

Vangoes, mine were the Karrier Load Stars. My advise get rid of them. You will not believe the difference in the same rated Michelin's side walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.