2012 Cyclone 3010 HD vs 2011 Fuzion 322

u243412

I compared them and came away with some thoughts on which options I liked.
Overall the Cyclone was by far better equipped and had options that I perferred. Granted there was some things on the Fuzion that I liked better.
Cost of the Cyclone 3010 HD - ***** USD
Cost of the Fusion 322 - 39900

-Front jacks – Cyclone has Hydralics (not electric) - HUGE advantage. Ridiculous fast.

-Chrome cover on gen exhaust. Nice touch on the Cyclone.

-Awing covers only the front door on Cyclone – but it’s well covered vs only the edge covered on the Fuzion. But the Fuzion did cover the back garage door.
-Awning is higher on Fuzion. Cyclone has more of a slant.

-Awning on Fuzion prevents door from opening fully.(arm in the way). Big disadvantage on the Fuzion.

-Fuzion doors have hydraulic arms on them – either 0 or 100%. This is a big drawback on Fuz. Particularily in the wind. MO.

-Cyclone windows are mirrored and bronze – Fuzion are dark. Nice feature on Cyclone.

-Fuzion has 2 propane bottles crammed in front storage – tuff to get out.

-Neither has propane cabinet locking doors. Why no locks?

-Door in Fuzion garage/living area is very short and is a swing door – not slider doors like Cyclone.
-Lights in Cyclone can be 1 bulb or 2 bulb – Fuzion has only 2 bulb option.
-Pump pressure for water in Cyclone is superior than Fuzion
-Bed is better/more comfortable in Cyclone. Huge advantage here.

-More storage space inside Cyclone. But Fuzion does have amp.

-Full pass thru basement section in Cyclone. Fuzion basement is small and not passthru. (huge advantage to Cyclone)

-Fuzion has a chair
-Fuzion came with remote operated landing gear/slide operator – Cyclone didn’t - that I found yet. lol)

-Better garage floor in Cyclone. rubber checkplate vs plastic circles

-Thermostat in garage of Cyclone – not sure in fusion
-Digital thermostat in cyclone – standard slider controller in Fuzion. Nice touch Cyclone.
-Exact same Gen set
-Poor labeling of switches in both cyclone and fusion.
- Cyclone c/w a pull down screen in garage – not the fusion
-Cyclone c/w a central vac – not the fusion.

When you compare the HD version with grey color vs the white of the Fuzion - for only $1800 more - the Cyclone was a great deal.

Don't get me wrong - both are nice.
I think if a person compares each unit side by side - there is some obvious advantages of one over the other. I can't even remember some of the littler things that were noticable better in the Cyclone.
If you decide to get a TH - ensure you get the Hydralic front jacks. No question there. MO. I think it's 9.3 seconds vs 2.3 minutes to travel 14 inches.

These are just my opinions. FWIW.

Last edited by a moderator:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Sounds like the Cyclone wins hands down. Can't comment on most of the points except the propane storage. By law cannot be locked.

Howdy

Have you looked at the Fuzion Touring Edition III? I am sure that must have a few more upgrades than the regular Fuzion.

timbuktu

Not to be bias, but I am. I've owned two Keystone 5ers, a 2006 Montana and a 2010 Everest. I will never own another Keystone product ever again. If you have the opportunity to choose between a Heartland product or a Keystone product, choose Heartland! JMHO.

dougw

My biggest complaint is the shape of the shower and the placement of the hardware within.

u243412

Fuzion Touring Edition III - I can't say I've seen that version. But the HD version that I have - only adds the outside color, graphics, salad sink bowl and cherry cupboards. Those are more a personal taste. But all the little features that I've mentioned are standard on the Cyclone. I suspect the Touring only adds similiar changes to the Fuzion. Another point I noticed is the Cyclone has D-rings in the basement area. The drains for the fresh water tanks - one is a cap and one is a valve. And the trim on the kingpin is a nice touch on the Cyclone. Walk around a campground and you'll appreciate the cover.
I suspect the Cyclone is built on 10" I beams where the Fuzion is on 12's? I don't know if the Fuzion has 3 layer insulation under the bedroom area like the Cyclone.

I've also owned a Keystone travel trailer. I'll never be traveling down that route again. That list of problems and cheapness on that trailer is a whole other thread. I went from a Forest River trailer, to a Keystone trailer, to a Heartland 5ver. I'd never go back to a bumper pull and I'd never look at a Keystone product. I wished someone would have posted comparisions for me back in the day. lol

Last edited:

u243412

My biggest complaint is the shape of the shower and the placement of the hardware within.

Problems with the Cyclone 3010 that I see... (or improvements I'd like to see)
- I'd like a light switch similiar to a house switch by the door - for easier/quicker access
- I'd like to see a remote for the hydraulic jacks and slide - Fuzion has one. I'd be great to stand back and do things when looking at the 'whole picture'
- I'd like to see the main switch panel inside with the door opening the other way. Better access and more available light.
- I'd like to see a better quality slider/patio door - mine has falling off the rails a couple times.
- I'd like to see the table being able to 'swing' left and right so you could slide into the couch area easier. (I plan on making a swivel base for the table)
- I'd like to see more room on each side of the bed - **** it's tight.
- I'd like to see optional shelving in the bedroom closet area.
- I'd like to see electric steps - like motorhomes.
- I'd like to see those Limpart plastic storage drawers on the outside backside of the unit. Sounds like they'd be great. (I called to see if I could get them added on - Heartland told me... "I doubt it".)
- Heartland does a terrible job of giving you manuals for everything. "Just stuff al the manuals in a blue bag and give to them". Couldn't they put it all nicely into a binder? And can't they have a manual "just for the 3010". Why do I need to read how to open the awning by hand if I have an electric awning. Their manuals are terribly generic.

Overall it's a super unit for my needs.

Vtxkid

I would like the bathroom light switch to be closer to the door... right now, if we have towels hanging from the rack behind the toilet, family or friends visiting don't know the switch is there.

dougw

I would like the bathroom light switch to be closer to the door... right now, if we have towels hanging from the rack behind the toilet, family or friends visiting don't know the switch is there.

I hear that! Putting it on that wall was just laziness.

gpshemi

Not to be bias, but I am. I've owned two Keystone 5ers, a 2006 Montana and a 2010 Everest. I will never own another Keystone product ever again. If you have the opportunity to choose between a Heartland product or a Keystone product, choose Heartland! JMHO.

I'm with timbuktu. I've had enough Keystone products in my lifetime. No more even though the Fuzion TEIII is really nice.

My only real hang up still after owning ours for a year is the light switches. I have three little kids (5/5/8) and they can't turn a light on in the joint. Inexcusable designing IMO. I plan to work on that this year and run switches. What a pain to do after the fact though.

I compared them and came away with some thoughts on which options I liked.
Overall the Cyclone was by far better equipped and had options that I perferred. Granted there was some things on the Fuzion that I liked better.
Cost of the Cyclone 3010 HD - ***** USD
Cost of the Fusion 322 - 39900

I am doing the same comparison that you were. I was really leaning heavy toward the Fuzion TE3 but after seeing the Cyclone 3010 HD and reading more than a couple of comparisons, not to mention 5thwheelreviews.com and all the trouble that guy is having with Keystone and Holman RV (where I most likely was going to purchase), I am kind of turned off. If you don't mind me asking, where did you locate a 3010 HD for $*****? RV Wholesalers is pretty close to that, but I really want to give my local dealer in Springfield, MO a chance to come close. First time buyer here so if any tips, I'm open. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Porkchop

Can you send me a pm too on price etc? I was looking at the heartland, keystone and forest river. Leaning very heavily towards the heartland cyclone and torque. Nothing near me to see. No dealers close to me in nj. I'm worried about getting work done if its needed. Thanks!

jimtoo

Hi Porkchop,

It is my understanding that any warranty work needed with proper pre-authorization by Heartland Service could be performed by any authorized repair facility.

Jim M

CrazyCooter

My warranty work has been done by a non RV dealer, but a RV repair/retail store......so don't sweat it!

I called Heartland and got advised as to how to get the repairs handled. They have been helpful over the last few months.