Fight between Bedroom and Living Room TV's

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's a strange problem. I installed the two replacement TV's in my rig and now have a problem. If I have the living room set on, and then turn on the one in the bedroom, I lose the signal in the living room. I'm running them off the antenna and the amplifier was on. I don't recall having this problem with the original sets. Could it be a problem with the amplifier or ??

On another note, relative to the theft of the two TV's earlier this year, we discovered that although they left the Samsung HT-X20 DVD player/stereo, they took the remote for the darn thing. I've sent an e-mail to Samsung to see if I can get a replacement (the model is discontinued), or if a "universal" remote will operate it. It still works off the face panel buttons, but that means I have to set down my beer, get off the couch, walk over, and push something. Sounds like (ugh!) work.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, I have no clue what is going on. One thing I do know is you can't drink beer and watch the Playboy channel on both sets. Creates tooooo much heat build up.

JohnDar

John, I have no clue what is going on. One thing I do know is you can't drink beer and watch the Playboy channel on both sets. Creates tooooo much heat build up.

Heck, Bob, if there were two Playboy channels, it would qualifiy as an aerobic workout running between the two TV sets. When we get back to the rig tomorrow, I'll pull down the amplifier cover and see if maybe there's something loose up there. Could be from the break-in, since they weren't gentle removing the cable from the living room TV. Rather than unscrew it, they just yanked it off...and took the male cable end right out of the TV. It was still in the end of the cord.

Lou_and_Bette

LOL on the remote thing John. I remember when TV's were just beginning to have remotes and were more expensive and someone would suggest my father get one, his reply was always the same..."it's a poor day when I'm so lazy that I can't turn to one of the kids and say 'get up and change the channel'" but those were the days when we kids went outside and turn the TV antenna and hoped we wouldn't be instructed to keep standing there holding the mast for better reception

JohnDar

We weren't big enough to climb up on the roof, so we got to move the rabbit ears around the living room.

What I really want the remote for is when we're watching DVD's. Sometimes, the volume of action scenes is enough to blow the walls off, and then it quiets down again when they're yakking.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
LOL on the remote thing John. I remember when TV's were just beginning to have remotes and were more expensive and someone would suggest my father get one, his reply was always the same..."it's a poor day when I'm so lazy that I can't turn to one of the kids and say 'get up and change the channel'" but those were the days when we kids went outside and turn the TV antenna and hoped we wouldn't be instructed to keep standing there holding the mast for better reception

And there were only three stations anyway unless you include UHF, then it went to 6

Here's a strange problem. I installed the two replacement TV's in my rig and now have a problem. If I have the living room set on, and then turn on the one in the bedroom, I lose the signal in the living room. I'm running them off the antenna and the amplifier was on. I don't recall having this problem with the original sets. Could it be a problem with the amplifier or ??

On another note, relative to the theft of the two TV's earlier this year, we discovered that although they left the Samsung HT-X20 DVD player/stereo, they took the remote for the darn thing. I've sent an e-mail to Samsung to see if I can get a replacement (the model is discontinued), or if a "universal" remote will operate it. It still works off the face panel buttons, but that means I have to set down my beer, get off the couch, walk over, and push something. Sounds like (ugh!) work.

John,
Sounds like you have the same problem we had. The wires for the amplifier were switched (bedroom for living room). I took down the amp plate, which was really touchy since it was so tight a fit, thought I was going to tear the ceiling material. After hooking a cable tester, there was no question about it. Switched the cables and problem solved. Hope it's that easy for you.
As far as the remote control, try this http://www.samsung.newremotecontrol.com/catalog_item.php?catnum=AH5901787S

JohnDar

John,
Sounds like you have the same problem we had. The wires for the amplifier were switched (bedroom for living room). I took down the amp plate, which was really touchy since it was so tight a fit, thought I was going to tear the ceiling material. After hooking a cable tester, there was no question about it. Switched the cables and problem solved. Hope it's that easy for you.
As far as the remote control, try this http://www.samsung.newremotecontrol.com/catalog_item.php?catnum=AH5901787S

Thanks for the link, Wesley. I ordered a replacement remote. I tried pulling the amplifier down from the ceiling, but it's jammed in there so tight that I was afraid I'd rip the circuit board off of it. So I jammed it back in, and voila!, both sets worked without blocking each other. Maybe I'll get brave and take a crowbar to it and really check it out.