Touch Audio Dvd Playback Question.

timmer1

Hi everybody,

I finally got the 26" tv's installed in my 2011 trailrunner 27fqbs. I put one in the living area and one facing the master bedroom. My problem came when I tried playing a dvd in the touch audio unit. I didn't realize that the audio plugs on the back of the unit were audio in not audio out. I was hoping that there were a way to play the sound from the tv speakers. Hard to watch a movie in the bedroom when the speakers are in the living room. Is there any solution to my dilemma? If not, is there a small wall mount dvd player that can be hooked up on the bedroom side? Thanks for the help. Tim

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
First Welcome to the forum !!

I'm also interested in any follow up to this ? In my case I have a 2008 Sundance with a coby player which is only electric !! We saw this player in a floor model at the NJ rally this weekend , the best part for the wife was not only is it DC power but it has NOAA weather built in !!

TxCowboy

I just reread the original post.

If you have the video and audio OUT cables from the Touch Audio unit, they should go into the TV video and audio IN. This should allow you to control the TV audio through the TV remote control.

Last edited:

pegmikef

. . . and the bad news is is that there is no audio out from the touch audio, only an audio in so dvd audio plays through the trailer system. Do a search on touch audio on this forum and you will find all kinds of stuff about the touch audio system. Many are not pleased with this device.

ND_Irish

We've got a 2012 NT32BUDS with the Touch Audio....its been an adventure for sure.
We've had the dealer replace the unit once and had recently begun to have problems with the new unit as well. Thanks to a post in another thread here, I found out about the hidden reset button and thathas been a big help. It seems that the unit "freezes" if too many buttons are pressed, essentially confusing the system. The reset clears this backlog and away you go. You'll lose any radio presets, but it saved me wanting to throw the whole thing out the window. The reset button is found on the left side of the unit right under the cover plate that hides the screws. A straightnted paperclip is the only tool you need.
There is a real downfall in that there are no options for playing dvd sound through the TV unless you use an add on dvd player and run it right to the TV. The touch audio RCA configuration just doesn't provide that capability.