roof vents

k-f-Indiana

Has anyone else had problems with the cranks in the roof vents? They have always been hard to turn, almost like the shaft was not straight. Now, one won't crank at all, so the vent has to be left open, and the other one is very iffy, could quit working at any time. Can the crank mechanism be replaced or must we replace the whole vent? Any suggestions or past experiences would be helpful.

2010augusta

I had to disassemble our vent and lubricate the slide and crank. I would recommend removing the screen and then the crank mechanism to see if it will crack easily off of the vent. if it works you'll need to grease/lube the slide on the vent. if it does not work you might have to replace the crank assembly.

one time when I was out of silicon spray I used PAM cooking spray and it works so smooth now that the wind can open the vent if ti is not closed real tight.

rustyshakelford

I feel like a complete Newbie, but what are y'all talking about? Is there something I need to be doing to the vents on the roof?

Brett

jnbhobe

I feel like a complete Newbie, but what are y'all talking about? Is there something I need to be doing to the vents on the roof?

Brett

They are talking about the lift unit for the roof vents. Like your bathroom roof vent. (not the fantastic fan vents)

caissiel

I got caught in the rain that the vent would not close.
Took it apart and noticed the slide to raise the vent has a washer spring plate that is used to prevent vibration and it was jaming. I just removed the the plate, did that to both vents.
Now when I raise them they go up freely and garrantied not to jam in the rain.
This has been added since my previous trailer model that did not have the washer plate.
An other gaget that someone never though of the results, and for convenience, that only cause trouble
It just a little bit noisier while cranking.