Bad Seal on Dometic Ref.

tdharley

After taking the BH out of storage a couple of weeks ago I started noticing frost build up on the inside of my freezer.

After trying all the mainstream repair methods, it became evident that I was going to have to do the dreaded warranty procedure.

I called Dometic and was pleasently suprised when after emailing a picture of my seal (not a seaworld seal,Chopperbill)over to them and speaking to only one person, I got an email back that they would not replace the gaskets, but the whole door, both doors!!!!!!!! The only hitch was I needed to bring the rig to a Dometic authorized service center. After explaining that the closest service center to me told me there would be a 6 week wait (probably because I did not buy it from them), and that my dealer was 250 miles away and I lived on an island. I do live on an Island ....Long Island, NY. The Supervisor John agreed to send me 2 new doors & told me not to worry about returning the old doors. COOL

So now I go for broke. I recently installed 3 A&E toppers (a division of Dometic) and I tell my new pal John that they are great accept why is the hardware on the ends of the topper only, gray? He tells me thats the way Campersworld sends them all out. No problem though I will send you out all new hardware ends............Hold my heart.

So I figure what the heck.....when you send the new doors out will they be blank or stainless steel, I would really like to see how Stainless steel looks............. So what do you think he says??????
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Nope sorry cannot do that.

Anyway what a great company

Attachments

• Door view shrunk.JPG
    Door view shrunk.JPG