Bugs on the front

ultrafarmer

I was told that Pam cooking spray will keep the bugs from sticking on the front of the RV.. Anyone try ed this or will it eat up the decals.

hoefler

A good wax job once a year is what works best. Pam may work for a while, but it will wash off with normal cleaning and a hard rain will also remove it. Use Bounce dryer sheets to clean them off and apply a good wax.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
You might try using Rejex on the front cap. This makes bug removal very easy!

Best Wishes!

pegmikef

I always use McGuires Ultimate Wax on the front of my TT before every trip. It just sprays on and wipes off. Bugs then just usually wash off. In the event of a stubborn one, I use Awesome (Dollar Store) to get it off as well as any other spots.

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The black streak remover from Wally World works great to remove bugs. Don't know why it does but also works great for the black streaks. "wipe on....wipe off"

timbuktu

I tried using PAM a few years ago and I found it actually attracted more dirt and debris and left more junk for me to clean off. I have found that if you wet the area you want to clean, then wet a bounce dryer sheet, and simply use the dryer sheet to wipe of the bugs, they come off like warm butter. After years of using this method, I've seen no affect on my decals or paint.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The black streak remover from Wally World works great to remove bugs. Don't know why it does but also works great for the black streaks. "wipe on....wipe off"

Yes it did good this weekend! spray, wait about a minute, wipe.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have put Bounce dryer sheets in a spray bottle with just plain water. Spray on the area and wipe off. Works great. Shake the bottle before spraying.

71stang99

I never heard of using dryer sheets for this application so that is neat. Always heard to use them to keep critters out when stored for the winter.