MPG's; When did they start putting the front window in?

marc515

Can you guys tell me when they started putting the front window in the MPG's, especially the MPG-181?

Thank you

kb0zke

We first saw our 181 in November at the dealer, and it has a front window, but no rear window. We'd rather have the window in the back and none in front. That front window looks sure looks like an inviting target for a rock.

PapaMikey

My new 181 has windows in the front and rear, and the comment about being a good target for a rock is a good thought. Perhaps one could find a good after market rock guard for the front window.

kb0zke

One of these days, when it cools off a bit, I'm going to measure that area and see what I can figure out. I don't like the idea of drilling holes, but if there are some screws already in the area, maybe some longer ones could be used to hold something there. I once saw a DP that had a custom-made 3/8" Lexan shield mounted on the front of it. I'm guessing that whoever came up with that didn't want anything to damage the paint. Of course, the dozen or so holes that were put into the skin to mound the thing didn't affect the paint any.