Aftermarket Slam Latch

Bighurt

I've been wanting something better than the cam lock for some time now. Yesterday I found Trimark 60-460 EZ Access Baggage Door Lock. From the measurements given it looks as if this will work. Until I order a pair or two I'm not 100% sure. I should call Heartland and ask them where I can get the Lippert components they use now. However I'm posting here to see if anyone has modified older models to new latches.

My interest in the Trimark is partly due to their e-ASK system which allows you to electronically control the doors and baggage locks from a key fob.

Thankshttps://www.makariosrv.com/products...ess-Baggage-Door-Lock-Black-Triple-Point.html

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We just had several of our doors changed out to the current slam baggage doors..what I can tell you is they are twice as thick as the doors we replaced (1/2" compared to 1"). I would think your doors are the same thickness as our old ones, so I doubt the locking mechanisms of the new doors will work.

We were not able to replace the door to the propane compartment, as we could just close it with the old door, with the new door being thicker and no way to move the tanks back (not enough room)...we too would be interested in this lock you found. If you get them....let us know how they work out...

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Just looked at these latches...you might want to measure the thickness of your doors...they require more than 1" thick doors, which is what our new ones are. As I said, our old doors were only 1/2"...they won't work for us.