water heater clean out tool ??????

Bobby A

I have heard there is some sort of tool (or rod) or fitting of some sort that you hook up to a water hose and flush out your water heater to get the sediment out of the tank. Ours is filled with white stuf, calsiem I suppose from very hard well water. I've looked through my campers world catalog and even called them and they don't have a clue. I know I heard of it somewhere. Any ideas ???

Thanks,

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thats it Ray, thanks very much, your right on time as usual. Gaffer, I tried campers world first, they didn't know what I was talking about, maybe I will call my local campers world before I order it from Tweetys.

Thanks again guys,
Bobby, when you call, refer to it as the "flushing tool for the hot water heater". If you asked for clean out the first time, they may have been confused. Try CW website first and if it's there, give them their item number. Happy Flushing!!

Here's the one from CW. CLICK ME

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bobby, a word of caution. DO NOT STAND IN FRONT OF THE HOLE WHEN YOU PUT WATER PRESSURE IN THE TANK........if you do it will be an "OH S***" moment. When I flush mine I use one of the cheap things that screw on a hose to fill the fresh water tank. Works good for me.

Last edited:

Bobby A

Bobby, when you call, refer to it as the "flushing tool for the hot water heater". If you asked for clean out the first time, they may have been confused. Try CW website first and if it's there, give them their item number. Happy Flushing!!

Here's the one from CW. CLICK ME

Thats exactly what I did Ray, just called my local CW and they do have it in stock, on my way there now. Yea, Bob, been there, done that, thanks for the word of caution, I do have a short memory.