Rumor mill...true or not true?

timbuktu

I've been researching Heartland RVs for over a year and with my Type A personality and thoroughness (other people call it anal :) ), I've heard some crazy stuff through the grapevine and I'm hoping someone can either confirm or dispell. I've heard that some top level execs/managers at Heartland have recently decided to part ways with Heartland. This begs the questions: 1. If it is true, does this have anything to do with Thor purchasing Heartland just a few months ago? 2. What is changing at Heartland to cause such a turnover? 3. Will this have any effect on quality of production? I wouldn't be surprised if the truth was actually that one exec moved on due to a bigger opportunity and had nothing to do with my above mentioned questions and this event got spun through the rumor mill with the result being what I heard. I apologize if all this sounds crazy, but as a prospective buyer and keeping in my norm of thoroughness, just thought I'd ask the crazy questions. Thanks!

Last edited:

jbeletti

Heartland has always been pretty nimble and we've made changes all along the way as business conditions have dictated. More recently, we have reorganized the sales department. And yes, two of our founding partners retired earlier this year. I'd speculate that certain aspects of the Thor purchase may have contributed to the ability of these men to retire :)

So, no shake down and I seriously doubt we'll be seeing any downward changes in production quality.

If you wish for specifics or further information, I invite you to phone Heartland directly. Consider calling my boss, Coley Brady at 574-262-5992. We want you to be comfortable with your purchase and if having a dialog with a top level executive of the company gives you peace of mind, please make the call.

Thanks and we hope to get your business when you are ready.

Jim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Do as JB suggests. Call Coley or Brian Brady. I have talked to them several times. Nice people and are not TOOO good to talk to you. If I am correct, Coley and Brian have been with HL since the beginning.

timbuktu

Jim, your reply beat me with my edit. I couldn't quite get my questions to come out right and not sound like I was trying to stir the pot...so to speak. I appreciate your candor and now I want to take your response and pass it to the naysayers that gave me bum gouge. I truly believed it was either totally false or if there was some truth to it, it was for positive reasons, so thank you for clarifying, I do feel more at ease with considering Heartland. And by the way, what I've experienced thus far with your customer service (and I'm not even a customer yet!) is absolutely amazing. That fact that you provide open access to your top level execs is something many organizations don't do, I'm continually impressed with Heartland. Thanks again!