ATF: Road Warrior - spare tire

TerryM

I have a simple question, will the spare tire off my 2008 chevy 2500 fit on my 2011 Heartland roadwarrior? The bolt pattern looks to be the same just the tire size is a little off.

tcbrady

While the wheel may match up to the bolt pattern, the tire being a different size can cause uneven weight distribution throughout the suspension and likely does not have the same weight rating. I would not recommend doing this unless it was an emergency. Hope this helps with your questions.
Best regards, Coley

BruteForce

I've thought about this as well. The stock/OEM American General tires that came with my dually were 235/80/17, same as the 5'er. I've since replaced my truck tires with BFG Mud Terrain KM2 at 255/80/17 and am seriously thinking about putting the same on the 5'er. The KM2's are E-rated and at 3190 pounds per tire max load.

hoefler

Also, the back spacing may be different. The tire/wheel combo may sit to far under hitting the suspension or frame, or set out to far and run into the fender and body.

sdrubrecht

I tried it on my Cyclone, bolt pattern is the same, but center hole on the chevy wheel is smaller and wouldn't fit over the hub to snug down on the Cyclone.