Elkridge Express 24 Fith Wheel

jimtoo

Hi whj77372,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I don't have an ElkRidge myself, but they are a nice unit. I'm sure you will get some opinions soon here.

Meanwhile enjoy the forum.

Jim M

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Welcome to the forum. I can't comment on the Elk Ridge specifically but I can tell you my dealings with Heartland customer service have been excellent. Good luck in your research, hope to see you back as a Heartland owner.

I have a E26 Look it over very closely before you take it and get the issues taken care of before you take it home and there will be things wrong. Their quality control is not very good on the express models.

sardis

I now qualify as an Elkridge Express owner after a 5,000 mile Odyssey to pick it up in Elkhart, Indiana. For the price I don't think you can beat it. I do notice little things that are out such as a screw that is not torqued down but for the price its not bad. I went over every inch before I drove away with it, and besides the two bumper end caps falling off somewhere and a fuse that blew for my landing gear it seems as well made as my previous Jayco. All trailer brands have problems occasionally and there are always some lemons that come out of the bunch but it seems Heartland has good customer service when you need it.

spcp2000

We purchased an E24 FW and have had tons of issues with it. Check the electrical and water lines. Our water lines were not hooked up and it has electrical issues.

jimtoo

Hi spcp2000,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Hard to believe your water lines were not hooked up, maybe you just had some loose connections. Evidently you and your dealer did not do a PDI when you
went to pick up your unit. A PDI is one of the most important things when you buy a RV.

Hopefully your problems have been corrected and if the Heartland Family can help, we are here for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

whj77372

I would like to speak to you about the issues you had as I will be picking one (Express 24) at the end of the month. I will be going to Ohio to get the unit because of price. I am happy to be able to get such a nice unit at a very good price. I have only heard good things about Heartland customer service and the company. Soon I will be an owner for myself.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would like to speak to you about the issues you had as I will be picking one (Express 24) at the end of the month. I will be going to Ohio to get the unit because of price. I am happy to be able to get such a nice unit at a very good price. I have only heard good things about Heartland customer service and the company. Soon I will be an owner for myself.

The key is to take your time during the PDI and check everything. Don't take delivery until they fix it and you are satisfied. We have had minimal issues with our Elk Ridge 34QSRL and love it!

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Congratulations!!! Glad to see you went with a Heartland product. As Jimtoo has stated a PDI is the next most important thing you will have to do. There are many threads related to a good PDI and I hope you will take the time to research them. Make sure Everything is working and that everything else is to your satisfaction before you leave the lot. Travel safely and enjoy your new coach!!