Undercounter coffee pot

Bob Vaughn

My wife wanted a undercounter coffee pot so I went to Sears and got one just like the one I installed in my friends Bounder motor home.....I placed the template on the bottom of the cabinet and drilled the holes per the instructions.....I attemped to attach the mounting bracket and wala the longest of the provided bolts would not reach thru the cabinet so I treked down to Ace Hwd. and the sales person after much looking told me they do not come longer......They are a metric 5 stainless steel.....I went to a fastner company and did not have any luck there.....So I think I will take a nap, mabey a solution to this delima will come to me....

GOTTOYS

It's just a coffee maker, why do they need to be stainless? I would use cadmium plated and not worry about it. If they start to rust paint em or replace em...Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bob, go to any hardware store and get some machine screws. Do they have to be metric?? Lowes and HD have plenty of metric screws.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It's just a coffee maker, why do they need to be stainless? I would use cadmium plated and not worry about it. If they start to rust paint em or replace em...Don

I mounted a coffee maker under the cabinet in my boat's galley w/o using stainless steel. In over three years of use never had a problem. Don't think you'll see more salt environment than I did. Besides, they're easy to swap out.

brianharrison

Talking out of turn here, but I think the material is irrelevant - the coffee pot just came with the fasteners in SS.

I think it is more the length - the fasteners drop down through the cabinet from the inside of the cabinet and thread into the top of the space saver coffee pot; the threads are built into the coffee pot and the longer fasteners would need to be the same pitch (Metric 5).

I'm sure Bob will chime in when he gets up from his nap that has helped him dream the solution to his dilema......

I am surprised the cabinet is so "thick".

Take care,
Brian

Bob Vaughn

I had a nice nap and went back out to the camper and after a hour of fiddling and jury rigging I was able to get the screws far enough thru the thick cabinet to grab the nuts in the mounting bracket. The first one I installed was difficult but this one was a PITA. It looks good and the wife was happy with the added counter space that won't be taken up with the other coffee pot....Plus it freed up the storage space under the sink where she stowed it when not in use....Next week I will start working on the slide out shelves in the cabinet next to the TV.

HessRaP

Bob, interested in similar under counter coffee pots. What is the model of the one you purchased and your personal view of it?

Ray

Bob Vaughn

We bought the Black and Decker space saver....the one I put in my friends motor home back in Jan. has impressed them...These have been around a long time. There have been some negative postings but there are for everything. We figured no more than it would be used we would just deal with any problems that crop up....It looks good. We chose the black one because of the black table and dark colors in our 3250TS..