What are your summer plans?

I only have the chance to be a weekend warrior, but we are planning on adding at least 5 new state visits to the map this summer. Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, South Dakota, and Minnesota! All within 4 hours from Omaha. Does anyone have any trips planned?;)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
YEP, but it's to ND for a family thing, don't ya know. Not sure if you want to go. As Baxter Black said "it's from out there". You need to go to the Black Hills, the faces, and Deadwood. We are going to the rally in Los Vegas and I have one coming up later in the year.

WilmanJim

On our trip back to Ohio from San Diego. Right now we are setting in the laundry room in Sulphur, LA at the A+ Motel/RV Park. Planning on crossing the Mississippi in Baton Rouge tomorrow on our way to Picayune, MS. Then working our way up the Natchez Trace North to Ohio stopping at Somewhere Along The Way Campgrounds. Sure is nice to not have a schedule to be somewhere at a specific time. Lots of Beautiful Country to see.
Safe Travels where ever you go.

Jim

olcoon

So far we are going to the National Rally, then hoping to get a work camping job. If no job comes up, we'll probably head to CO & some states around there. Where in MO are you planning on going?

Paul & Nan

It is the rally in Goshen for us, then moving from Illinois to the Piney Woods of East Texas. From there we will be working at Amazon.com Oct-end Dec in Kentucky. Probably the RGV for part of Jan into Feb. Then to enjoy the new home for a while. Nan and Paul

sharmulst

We are camp hosting at a small RV park just out of Hill City, SD. It is Creekside Mountain Resort. Our job started this past Sunday and we are sharing the duties with another couple. Will work 3 days & then have 3 days off. We will be here through Sept. 15. The middle of Oct. we go to Coffeyville, KS to work for Amazon before heading back to AZ in January. Both couples are very flexible so if one of us wants another day or so no problem. Today we had a real snowstorm. It looked like December instead of May. There was about 2", now it has turned to rain. Sure hope we get spring before summer arrives. Will miss seeing everyone at the rally this year.

sharmulst

We will be working at Coffeyville, KS in the warehouse. Won't know specific duties until we arrive, but it will either be in receiving or distribution. It will be from mid October through Dec. 23.

buckeyebob

my wife booked a 12 day trip to hawaii.i know it was selfish on her part,however i agreed to accompany her so she would be safe and everything.first camping trip so far is sep 5th at hocking hills southern ohio.i figure it MIGHT NOT be raining in hawaii ,but the way this spring has been who knows!! buckeyebob

Paul & Nan

We will be working at Coffeyville, KS in the warehouse. Won't know specific duties until we arrive, but it will either be in receiving or distribution. It will be from mid October through Dec. 23.
Same for us, but in Campbellsville, KY. About 10/1-1/1. They pay well, plus RV site. Will keep us out of mischief plus help pay for our moving/travel habit. Nan

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We try to get away for a long weekend or something once a month since we both work full time. Next big trip is 9 days this summer to Durango, CO, then Chama, NM to ride the Cumbres and Toltec http://www.cumbrestoltec.com/ before heading back home.

hcriddle

We are planning to take a little over a week to get to the rally, stopping in Branson for a few days and then in St Louis for a few days and on up to Trailaire to get the level up that JayC forced me to get. After the rally we are headed to Ohio to the Creation Museum and Kentucky to see a couple of old army friends I served with in Iraq. They are at Fort Campbell. Mosey back home around the end of June first week of July.
We have made several trips up to College Station from Houston to spend the weekends watching Texas A&M baseball. This is our first big trip this year.

WilmanJim

We just went through Houston yesterday on our way back to Ohio. I wish every city painted the lanes like that. Made it a lot easier. This was like our 4th time through on I-10 with no problems. Except for a couple Idiots who have to go 90 mph. Came so close I think they scrapped the bugs off the front bumper. If you could get to Creation Museum on Fathers Day you could get in free Buddy.
Safe Travels.

Jim

robnmo

Well we're not sure, our life changes in about 2 weeks. After 33 yrs I'm joining the ranks of the unemployed, but with benefits. We've got sideline work rolling in for our sideline business, sounds like Greenville, SC mid July, then probably up towards Hershy, PA and then maybe upstate, NY, then back to Greenville, SC then either GA, FL, MO, (our pick) then to Little Rock, hopefully working our way to Texas for the winter. Looks like the Cyclone is getting some road time this year.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Looking forward to Fort Collins CO. rally next month then...... Irrigating, haying, more irrigating , then more haying,(at least the views not bad) some grass rolling, plan a Wyoming Fall rally and then take a much earned break late Sept. early Oct., then hunting season.

tucker irrigating.jpg laying down hay.jpg grass rolling.jpg

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave, looks like Tucker spend's time like Callie does rolling in the grass. Callie like's to just lay on her back in the grass getting a suntan.

So far we are going to the National Rally, then hoping to get a work camping job. If no job comes up, we'll probably head to CO & some states around there. Where in MO are you planning on going?

Not sure yet. I am just starting to look. I know we will be making a trip to the campground at Worlds of Fun for the kids, but may also venture further into the state as well.

We are planning to take a little over a week to get to the rally, stopping in Branson for a few days and then in St Louis for a few days and on up to Trailaire to get the level up that JayC forced me to get. After the rally we are headed to Ohio to the Creation Museum and Kentucky to see a couple of old army friends I served with in Iraq. They are at Fort Campbell. Mosey back home around the end of June first week of July.
We have made several trips up to College Station from Houston to spend the weekends watching Texas A&M baseball. This is our first big trip this year.

Thanks for your service. I served in the Army for 9 years.