Adding a few inches to a Cyclone 4012

Looking to purchase a new Cyclone 4012 I have been told that my bed rail height can not be more than 61" My new Dodge Cummins Mega Cab has been lifted 6" with a 37 inch tire. When the air bags are competly empty I am still at 63" is there a way to lift this trailer a couple of inches? If anyone can give me the lug pattern on this trailer that would be great, also any advice for this truck and trailer combo would help.

Country

I know it's kind of late, but I'd say the 4012 is way too much trailer for a lifted truck with 37's..... You're looking for an accident in my opinion. Sorry...

Montana

I am also going to pull the 4012 with a lifted truck but mine is a mega cab but only has the leveling kit with 35's and I looked into this and the 4012 has adjustable shackels to raise the whole frame for lifted trucks. Mine is going to be 60 inches and I can clear my bed by about 4 inches. Hope this helps. Just contact the dealler and have them measure it.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Montana,
Seems like "I can clear my bed by about 4 inches" is awful close :eek: . I would be very afraid going over any small hills. Just an opinion.

Mark

jpmorgan37

Mark is correct. Six inches is the minimum safe clearance. Turning on an off camber road with four inches of cleanance and you will crunch your bed rails. Ask me how I know.

John

Uncle Rog

Hopefully, in your travels, it was a fellow rv enthusiast who explained the reason, or you read it on line.....

jpmorgan37

I wish that was so, but alas, it was from personal experience. It was in my earlier days of pulling a fifth wheel, but I remember it well. Expensive teacher, but very effective.

Uncle Rog

jp, every time I get set to hook up the BH I have flash backs of every dented tailgate and every sway back set of bed rails that I have ever seen in just about every camp ground. When My hitch was installed the guys raised it one notch, at my request. The owner took two minutes with me to show me how it worked, then spent 15 minutes showing me what not to do! Be careful out there guys......

Tom of Ypsi

Saw a guy pull into a campground last month and his truck looked like an old sway back horse. He must have dropped that fiver from a couple of feet up the way it looked. Both bed rails were squashed down every bit of 3 inches. The front end of his truck looked like he could look for UFO'S at night the headlights were aiming that high. Never did get a chance to talk to him.

Montana

I am sorry I didn't clarify that with the shackles on the lowest setting I can clear by 4 inches I am going to raise it up and will be able to clear easily by 6 inches. I now that you need at least 6 inches or you might as well start looking for a new bed. Thanks for the catch on the 4 inch clearance.