Leaf for dining table

Bob Vaughn

This morning while checking out the dining table I realized there was room for another leaf to make the table larger, as there is going to be 5 of us on our trip next month I thought another leaf would come in handy...I went to Lowes and found some wood that is the same thickness and then I cut it exactly like the other one. I also got some black satin paint and will paint it to match. :cool:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I thought I understood that the table comes with a leaf which is stored inside the table. Are you adding another leaf in addition to the one that comes with it?

Bob Vaughn

It does come with a leaf, the top slides open enough for another one, so I am duplicating the one that is there, Now there is plenty of room for 5 people to eat there comfortably.....

I just did the same thing, because I alway endup with grandkids. I only made my extra leaf half the width of the orginal one because I was afraid I would lose some of the tables support if it was extended too far out. I was wanting room to put a folding chair on each corner for grandkids. I found 2 folding chairs that foldup to about 1" thick and the fit nicely under the bed in our 3250ts.

jimtoo

Hi texaseagle,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Sounds like you have already made a nice mod to your table. There are many more floating around here and all the help you need if you have a problem.

Enjoy the forum and your new Big Country.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks Bob. It's great that you guys have figured out how to make it bigger. Food for thought when the new coach comes in.

Bob Vaughn

I got it built this afternoon, sanded and the first coat of paint on it......I will put a second coat on it tomorrow after it sits all night in our hot garage......It looks good so far...Painting is not one of the things I enjoy but the lady at lowes turned me on to a small foam roller for doing cabinet doors...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Haven't you heard of the RV Rules.

Entertain 6
Feed 4
Sleep 2

Now you have upset the entire RV Standard !!!!! :D

BC