Sundance Black Water Vent

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I have a 2010 Sundance. On the roof there is 3 vents through the roof (VTR) is there a schem that shows whitch one is the black water tank?

I'm looking at putting on one of the aero-dynamic vent things that help pull out the gas. Has anyone used them and do they work?

mesteve

Follow where your black tank drain goes, then go straight up, good chances that is your black tank.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Or go up on the roof and with your ear to the vent have someone flush the toilet.

Peace
Dave

MurrayN.

I had one of those fancy venturi things on my SOB before my Sundance and it worked great. You would never have a wind blowing down the tube forcing the stink up through the toilet when you flush. But I did such a good job siliconing it onto the vent pipe that I had to leave it on the trailer when I sold it. :rolleyes:

hillsonwheels

I have one installed on the Big Horn and am for the most part pleased with it. The issue I have is placement of the vent. It resides directly in front of the bathroom fan vent cover. As you can imagine, if the fan is not operating and the wind is blowing from back to front on the coach, guess where the funky smell ends up? :( Been thinking about adding some pipe to change the location on the roof. Haven't gotten "roundtoit" yet.

Dick

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I put one on the otherday and left with it this morning. So far-So Good. We just got settled in at Granit City IL KOA. It was 99 degrees coming in so tomorrow will tell the tail.

The problem I had was that it spun and the bottom part of the little wing thing hit the bathroom gray water vent cap. Nothing a little whitteling with my sharp pocket knife wouldn't handle. Wife asked if I was going to mess it up? I told her it was not like a was whitteling on the wing of a 747, it's a whirling crapper vent! LOL!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
THIS is the vent that I have been using for a couple of years and have had no odor issues.