A/C Blowing circuit breaker and giving a error code E7

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Has anyone have any idea what could cause this issue? It is a Dometic rear AC with HP and will not cool at all. The fan runs but no cooling at all. I hate to have to pack up to go to a dealer since we are full-timing. And I really don't know of a good Dealer in the area. If I cant fix then I guess I will be on the phone on Monday.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Michael,

I don't have a list of error codes but check the Dometic site, find your unit and download all the materials there. Here's a start.

There are some basic troubleshooting tips there too.

Jim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sounds like the compressor is locking or is locked up. This will happen if you are running the unit on low fan and have high humidity.

jbeletti

I did an advanced search on the forum for E7 and found this gem.

It also incliudes this list of error codes:

Error Code:
  • E1 Loss of communication between the CCC 2 thermostat and all system power module boards. System will shut down.
  • E1 Loss of communication between the CCC 2 thermostat and an individual system power module board. The LED will display error code EI and the zone number that lost communication. Any additional zones that loose communication will blink in addition to the current zone.
  • E2 Open circuit or out-of-range indoor temperature sensor. All heat , cool, and dehumidify operations will be locked out. Manual fan operation will continue.
  • E3 Shorted Indoor Temperature Sensor. All heat, cool, and dehumidify operation will be locked out. Manual fan operation will continue.
  • E4 Open circuit or out of range Outdoor Temperature Sensor (select models). Heat pump and dehumidification operation will be locked out. Air conditioner, furnace, heat strip and fan operation can continue to operate.
  • E5 Open circuit or out of range Freeze Sensor. Air conditioner and dehumidification operation will be locked out. Heat pump, furnace, heat strip and fan operation can continue to operate but displays the last temperature set-point.
  • E6 Open circuit Humidity Sensor (Select Models). Air conditioner and dehumidification will be locked out. Heat pump, furnace heat strip and fan can continue to operate.
  • E7 Loss of 120 VAC power to all power module boards on the system. The system will shut down.
  • E8 Invalid zone configuration. The heat pump and heat strip DIP switches are both set to the ON position in one zone. Heat pump, heat strip, air conditioner, and dehumidify operation will be locked out in the affected zone.
  • E9 Invalid zone configuration. The dehumidifier DIP switch and either the heat pump or heat strip DIP switches are set to the ON position in one zone. Heat pump, heat strip, air conditioner, and dehumidify operation will be locked out in the affected zone.

2psnapod2

Thanks for your help. How do I restart the AC after it locks up with fan on low? Just trying everything before I climb up on top.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Thanks for your help. How do I restart the AC after it locks up with fan on low? Just trying everything before I climb up on top.

If it's freezing up from running on Low, wait a while for the ice on the coils to melt off. Restart with the fan on high and onl;y run it on high. With the high humidity in Alabama, freezing up will be continuous probablem if you run the fan on low.

2psnapod2

No frost or anything. It does not cool. I found in the manual for the T-stat (thanks Jim) how to reset it. I did that and it never cooled. It seems like the compressor does not work. It runs for a while and then shows error E7 and the breaker is always blown. I think it's time for a tech.

MC9

I didn't see an error code for my problem - huge wasp nest encompassing the fan on the roof. At the end of the trip there were no wasps.

2psnapod2

I didn't see an error code for my problem - huge wasp nest encompassing the fan on the roof. At the end of the trip there were no wasps.

That would be nice if I could take a trip and my error code would be gone. That would be great service. Lol but it does seem like I do see a hitch up in my near future. Just how long of a pull is the unknown. Oh well. I do like pulling it. Reminds me of why we bought it for.

2psnapod2

Took the unit in to the dealer and they have a new AC/HP on order. Hopefully only a week or so to get it in. Temps are in the 90s here but the neighbor had a standalone AC unit in storage that we are using. Seems to be doing ok as it is not uncomfortable in the coach. But another 5 hour round trip to get it installed once it comes in.