What is the load rating on the roof access ladder?

Brandon.Prewitt

I'm a big dude and I'm pretty sure if I tried to climb onto the roof I would rip the aluminum ladder right off.

Also what is the load rating on the roof?

rustyshakelford

Re: Not sure where to put this: What is the load rating on the roof access ladder?

i want to say on our cyclone, it was around 250-300 for the ladder. I weight 215 and dont like how flimsly it feels. Im pretty comfortable on ladders also but i dont know if i would want to test it to the max

brett

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Not sure where to put this: What is the load rating on the roof access ladder?

The ladder should have a tag on it saying it's rated for 300 lbs. But it sure doesn't look like any Type1A Extra Heavy Duty ladder I've been around. 300 lbs. on the roof might be pushing it.

Brandon.Prewitt

Home is Baytown Texas, but I am working in Denver City. Been here 5 months . . . may be here another year or so.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm close to that 300# rating and I don't trust the ladder mounts to the wall. I use a regular ladder to reach the slide roof and go up from there to the coach roof. No problems up there with my weight. I try to walk on joists whenever I can though. Just a precaution.