Cyclone 3612/3800 vs RAPTOR 365LEV

I (wife and I) are on the fence trying to do our homework about buying a CYCLONE 3612 or 3800 compared to RAPTOR 365LEV....

I would love to have some help on what features the CYCLONE has over the RAPTOR:D

Any help would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

Thanks from Scott and Christy Vickery Jax Fla....

jimtoo

Hi Scott and Christy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will get some opinions soon. The Heartland line is really good and with the factory support we get, you can't beat it. You will find answers to any of your questions on the forum with lots of family support.

Enjoy the forum and go get the Cyclone..

Jim M

Hi Scott and Christy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will get some opinions soon. The Heartland line is really good and with the factory support we get, you can't beat it. You will find answers to any of your questions on the forum with lots of family support.

Enjoy the forum and go get the Cyclone..

Jim M

Thanks JIM.....I/we are so ready to get the CYCLONE....just gotta get over the lil speed bump of selling our OUTBACK first.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I/we have heard some much "BULL HOOOKIE" from salesman bout how one TH is better then the other....when I found this forum......I was so relieved to know I can now get some TRUE FACTS from everybody here.

Thanks in ADVANCE again:D

robnmo

I (wife and I) are on the fence trying to do our homework about buying a CYCLONE 3612 or 3800 compared to RAPTOR 365LEV....

I would love to have some help on what features the CYCLONE has over the RAPTOR:D

Any help would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

Thanks from Scott and Christy Vickery Jax Fla....

Oh wow, can we relate to this one!:D More ways than one, even our last names are similiar ;);) My wife and I were actually on our way to purchase the 365LEV and just happened to stop at a dealership on the way, while walking out to take 1 more look at the 365 we happened to see a Cyclone setting there, he wasn't sure what it was said it was a new model that just came in, hence we discovered the 3612. In our opinion there was no comparison, basically same floorplan, but the 3612 had deeper storage space (over the TV) compared to the 365, the trim and cabinetry just had a much higher quality appearance than the 365, and if memory serves me right I think the 365 had the dining booth and we liked the table and chairs. Our down fall was the 3612 had a wardrobe slide not bed, and we wanted the opposite (windows on each side of the bed) so we overlooked that one. We ordered the 3612 that day for what we needed, and haven't looked back, we love our Cyclone and would do it again tomorrow. Good luck and enjoy your CYCLONE. ;) Rob n Mo Vickroy ;););)

frumbawa

The Raptor 365 was high on our list as well. Currently having the extra half bath in our Sundance, this was really attractive to our family (I am the only male in our family of 4). But the Raptor just didn't feel right. The DW did not like the location of the TV compared to the couch along with a few other things. Wife also wanted the more traditional couch and dinette so that ruled out a 3950. Checked out the 3612 and the extra bath was quickly forgotten. Just gotta figure out how to make this deal happen now.

Frank

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Here are just a few of the major differences that make Cyclone a superior product. Not to mention that it is a better built, and currently the #1 selling toy hauler in North America
1. Patented 88 degree turn radius front cap design. No need for a costly slider hitch or side-winder for the short bed trucks. Raptor does not have this
2. Zero degree testing at the Dometic Extreme Thermal Temperature Chamber. (There is a reason we nearly outsell Raptor and Fuzion combined in Canada)
3. Cyclone offers the largest, most unobstructed pass-through storage available in a toy hauler. Completely finished on all sides including ducted heat, rubberized diamond flooring with D-Rings, diamond-plated tool box and Tyvex moisture/vapor barrier to protect the floor decking. Raptor has minimal storage compared to the Cyclone.
4. Residential one-piece fiberglass shower surround. This is just like at home, not a 2 piece ABS plastic RV shower that Raptor uses
5. Thick, 1" baggage doors with "slam" latches on all Cyclone floorplan’s. Raptor uses thinner doors and uses cheap plastic latches that arn't near as durable
6. 30" Space Saver Microwave - The chef of the family will love the residential size VS a "RV" microwave that Raptor uses.
7. Rear fiberglass spoiler with LED running lights and LED brake lights. Higher end look with safer, more visible lighting. The ultimate rain gutter for your ramp door. Not available on Raptor
8. Bronzed mirror tinted safety glass windows offer less visibility from the outside and better heat reflection/retention. Keeps others from peeking in while staying warmer/cooler. This is not avialable on Raptor
9. Hydraulic Front Landing Gear - speed, power, and reliability. 14.46 times faster / 2.5 X stronger than electric landing gear that Raptor uses.
10. Two Speakers in the Garage - Cyclone offers a total of 8 speakers for your listening pleasure.
11. High End Residential Pillow Top/Memory Foam Mattress - Cyclone offers the most comfortable mattress in the industry!
12. Cyclone offers ducted heat and A/C in all bathrooms, providing comfort regardless of the season you’re camping in.
13. Spring Loaded Hidden Hinges on cabinet doors. (N/A in Raptor)
14. Exclusive HD Edition with Grey fiberglass walls (full body paint look with out the cost)
15. Cyclone also has multiple graphics packages to choose from allowing you to personalize your unit unlike Raptors one graphics package.

These are just a few of the reasons why Cyclone is a far better product if you have any other questions feel free to contcact me (574) 266-8726 and ask for AJ Jones

THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

YES we are looking at the 3612.....just wish the 3612 had the rear 1/2 bath and then it for sure be at the top of the list....!!!!

gpshemi

Here are just a few of the major differences that make Cyclone a superior product. Not to mention that it is a better built, and currently the #1 selling toy hauler in North America
1. Patented 88 degree turn radius front cap design. No need for a costly slider hitch or side-winder for the short bed trucks. Raptor does not have this

Just to be clear, that depends on the truck you have. Some still need sliders...

Bighurt

Just to be clear, that depends on the truck you have. Some still need sliders...

And to be the devils advocate here, the cap design for 88° turns is a mute point for anyone with a longbed...

Although I will say this the aerodynamics of the front cap are considered to increase fuel economy up to 2% over the leading competitor's cap.

Be pulling with a 2010 F350 4x4 CC........

0_0-9.jpg

P>S...Thats our 2010 OutBack 260FL behind it that we have FOR SALE so we can get our CYCLONE....garage kept since new....if anybody knows anybody looking send'm our way:D

tgreening

Be pulling with a 2010 F350 4x4 CC........

P>S...Thats our 2010 OutBack 260FL behind it that we have FOR SALE so we can get our CYCLONE....garage kept since new....if anybody knows anybody looking send'm our way:D

I was in your boat, with a 33' 2010 Keystone Sprinter and wanted to move up to a big toy hauler (3950 in our case). I took a bit of a hit on the Sprinter since it was so new but in the end it was worth it not having to deal with the whole "For Sale" issue, and getting our toy hauler when we wanted it. IOW, consider just trading it in. I shopped a couple dealers and in the end did well enough on the trade in that it was worth it. We used the BeeJesus out of it the one season we had it so I just chalked it up to additional cost of ownership. As I said, in the end it was well worth the hit just to have it gone, and the new Toy in hand.

Like your truck btw. Mine's and '08 F450 and does and awesome job of pulling the new beasty of a trailer.

2011-05-20_17-20-49_158.jpg

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Yes the 3612 does come with a metal ladder, that allows you to get into the loft area.

gpshemi

I can't say if that truck will need it or not, but I know my megacab does. I was just pointing out that it's not a blanket statement is all.

While the nose design is great overall, you have to keep in mind that the Cyclone is 5" wider (8'5") then something like a mid profile Sundance or other trailer. Throw in a shortbed Crewcab...and you might still need it.

On a side note, it's funny, after reading your statement about the rear bathroom, I got thinking about how much or little effort it would be to put one in the garage. Probably not that hard if you were willing to give up the mini fridge and the overhead cabinet for some added garage space in the 3612. Then I got thinking...as much as we wanted the 3950 for the rear bath, I don't find myself missing it at all. It seemed like a great idea for certain times, but...maybe not so much after all.

Good luck in your search. We love our 3612. A few mods has made it a great fit for us.

Last edited:

u243412

There is a nite and day difference between Heartland and Keystone. I don't know your specific models - but when I compared the Keystone Fuzion and the Heartland Cyclone - it was pretty obvious which one had more and better options.

First off - get the hydraulic front jacks. They are worth gold in my opinion.
Also heed AJJones comments - he runs Heartland. I called him with all my questions.
I really notice how nice the bronze windows look compared to the tinted windows. Also make a good comparison of the awning and doors. The quality of materials in the Heartland is noticeable better than my previous Keystone.

I'd suggest you somehow park one model beside the other - and make direct comparisons. There shouldn't be much discussion needed if you are able to do this and compare point vs point.

Good luck with either choice.

robnmo

I'd suggest you somehow park one model beside the other - and make direct comparisons. There shouldn't be much discussion needed if you are able to do this and compare point vs point.

Good luck with either choice.

This is an excellent point. We had to opportunity to have both of them on the same lot, where we could walk from one to the other and there is a definite difference between the two.

porthole

Retired
Nothing wrong with Cyclones.Just about all RV's use parts from the same sources. So from the cheapest 5th wheel to the 200k trailers, parts are likely to be the same. Our Cyclone is now almost 2 years old with 10,000 miles under the frame. It has served us well.