Pumbing Heads Up

Tom of Ypsi

Found out the hard way that my unit must not have been properly winterized. Had Camping World install a washer/dryer today and went to test it and had water going everywhere underneath the rig. At first we thought the hose into the city fresh water inlet was not tightned enough. Turned water on and water was going everywhere underneath the rig again. Checked inside the unit thinking a pipe broke but that was not the case thank God. The city water tube on the other side of the UDC was completely broken off. Water squirted all over under there, into the converter, we think that is shot and probably the insulation in the underbelly is soaked and also shot (do not want mildew). Taking it back to dealer on Tuesday and hopefully it can be fixed quickly. We had planned on going camping the weekend after Easter for our shake down. So check your water lines before you put water pressure to your unit.

Tom of Ypsi

This a follow-up on the plumbing problem that I had and that is finally fixed. The dealer fixed that problem plus found two other water leaks. So far everything seems ok. I also had them replace a curtain that had a hole in it and a refer door that had a scratch. They also fixed the cabinet in the w/c that came loose from the wall. The bellypan cover behind the UDC where the leak was was falling down and had to be taken down and repositioned, there was no water damage to the insulation or the converter. Hopefully that will be all of the problems I will have with this coach. I guess I am spoiled since my last coach was never in for any problems, just signed the paper work and enjoyed my camping.