Help Water Pump

pitch black

went camping this weekend no hook ups, turned on water pump switch, could hear pump running but not like it usually does,when its drawing water from the fresh water tank, only get air through faucets in unit, went a looked at water pump, cleaned filter or stainer it was clear, got a jug of water went and turned bypass values like when you winter rise and the pump worked good, drew the water to the faucets, but try the regular way again and nothing , thanks for any info anyone can give, im back [COLOR=#0072bc !important][COLOR=#0072bc !important]home[/COLOR][/COLOR] now

davidg

first thing I would do is to top off the fresh water tank until it runs over then you will know for sure theirs water, now try the pump.

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
my pump in my bighorn went bad. would pump out of a jug but not out of the tank, replaced it with a shur-flo sensor pump it now works great. hardest part was gettin the old pump out.

danemayer

While hooked up to city water, are you getting water flow to any other points in the system? Kitchen, bathroom sink, shower?

TedS

Test the winterize hose for suction when the bypasa valve is in the normal position. Put your finger over the end of it. If the bypass valve leaks, the pump will draw in air from the winterize hose.