Rv park for Thanksgiving

cntp

We are newbies starting to Rv this year with a new Greystone 5th wheel. Looking for a great place to stay over Thanksgiving holiday. Live around Dayton, Ohio. Looking at Hocking Hills or area similar to this are for outdoor hiking and such.Does not have to be in Ohio , but not to far.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you are planning on staying at an RV park for Thanksgiving in Ohio you better check to see if they are open. Many RV parks in the northern US close during the winter. Usually sometime in October. There is a nice Thousand Trails park in Wilmington Ohio. You might check it out. BTW most RV parks that are open have a pot luck Thanksgiving dinner. The park will usually supply the turkey and dressing.

Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
A friend of mine goes to the ABC Rv park in Branson Mo. They have Thanksgiving Dinner there every year.

Hope this helps.

BC

RollingHome

CNTP, you said quote "does not have to be in Ohio" So..o..o. We have done T-Day in Assategue Federal Park, right on the ocean in Maryland. We live in PA. You should have a Gen Set or something because it is primative camping at it's finest ! Cooking your turkey in your oven should heat your RV right nice :). They have goofy rules and as always, being the rebel I am, I found a way around the rules... others campers followed. "NO campfires on the ground"... ever see 15 foot flames coming from a post mounted camp fire pedestal ? Pretty warm. may I say :). The rangers only winked, they too know it's a stupid rule. You have the option of going to Ocean City for a sit down dinner. I really think you should Googel the place to satisfy your curiosity. Happy Camping !