Dents and bubble in floor

ankie3467

We have a 2011 Elkridge 27rlss. We purchased this 1st of March. While I was loading camper up, I noticed these dents in floor, right where the recliner is stored when slide is in. Because it was so cold outside, I thought once weather warmed up, flooring would warm up and dents go away. That is not the case. We brought this up to dealer when it was in for other warrenty work. After a month of waiting, he said heartland wasnt going to to anything about it. Dealer had it again this past week to fix some other stuff. They put chair in a little different spot than I did, and guess what--New dents. There is about 8x8 square area that feels loose. I know the floor is generally not glued down, rest of floor feels secure. This area actually feels like a bubble, These dents are in the same area. I have attached some a couple of pics. How do I get these dents to go away, I am afraid that this loose area is going to be a bigger problem down the roadElkridge floor closeup.jpgElkridge floor1.jpg

GOTTOYS

I had a big bubble in the same kind of flooring by my inside steps. I removed the aluminum strip by the door,and did a little trimming to loosen the floor up around the trim. I was then able to smooth it out. Put the trim back and it is fine. Mine didn't seem to have enough trimmed off the edges and it forced it to bunch up and bubble. Maybe a floor layer could look at it and refit it. It shouldn't be glued down so it can expand and contract....Don

ankie3467

I had a big bubble in the same kind of flooring by my inside steps. I removed the aluminum strip by the door,and did a little trimming to loosen the floor up around the trim. I was then able to smooth it out. Put the trim back and it is fine. Mine didn't seem to have enough trimmed off the edges and it forced it to bunch up and bubble. Maybe a floor layer could look at it and refit it. It shouldn't be glued down so it can expand and contract....Don

I didnt think it should be glued down. If feels like it was streched from the underside.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
ankie3467, I would call Heartland Customer Service yourself and explain this issue and you may get a better response. This just doesn't sound right. Does the vinyl flooring feel solid to the sheathing? Is this the "Beau Flooring" or just vinyl flooring?

ankie3467

It is the "Beau Flooring". This particular spot just feels odd, not solid at all, like air underneath, bubble

olcoon

We also have a 27RLSS, and early on noticed a couple of dents in the floor near the recliner. What caused the dents was some knobs on the metal base for the recliners. Right after we got the 5er, I noticed there was a hard plastic cover zip tied on the metal base. I was told by heartland that they were put on there for shipping & I could remove them. I did, then noticed the dents. I zip tied the plastic covers back on, and haven't had the problem again. I guess the knobs on the base were sort of like legs, but I didn't think I could find a rubber or plastic cover for them. Thought it didn't make much sense for them to be on there if they were going to damage the floor. I guess you could grind them off.

ankie3467

I will have to tip the chair up and look. I am concerned about the loose floor. I feel as if I am going to catch it with the chair when I move back and forth.