Fuel Gauge

mjkeharvey

campfam
I just put 15 gallons of fuel in the tank of our 2010 cyclone and have the trailer level and fuel gauge reads below empty. It has not moved since we purchased it. This is the first fuel I have put in it. Anyone know what to check first and how much does the tank hold? Thank you for any help.

trvlrerik

I have found that if you can find a station that has your rig "nose high" you can fill the top third of the tank a little quicker with fewer burps from the tank.

71stang99

Almost the same situation here, yet another issue. I have had the batteries only and on shore power with about 8 gallons in the tank the needle never moved (below empty). Brand new unit. The generator worked fine with the inside controls during its break in.

mjkeharvey

campfam
So after some research I went online to the company that makes the gauge which is Faria. They have a troubleshooting schematic diagram to see if the gauge is bad or it is the sending unit or the wire from the gauge to the sending unit. I followed it and found out that the gauge is good and the wire is good so it is the sending unit in the tank. It will take a little time to remove the the sending unit. It has four screws but will probably have to lower the tank a little to reach it easier. Will let you know what I find out after I do that. I did find out through the Faria website that they will pretty much warranty the gauge when ever if the gauge is bad. They have a form online to fill out to send it back for repair if it is the gauge.

mjkeharvey

campfam
So I was finally able to remove the sending unit and it does not work. After researching the internet I found it to be a sending unit manufactured by Tracker boats. I ordered mine through Great Lakes Skipper for 30.00 plus 10.00 for shipping. It is the 5 1/2 inch sending unit. Hope this helps.

I have an external fuel gauge and pump control on my 2022 Cyclone 4115 as shown in the picture. It does not seem to turn on for me to check the fuel level in my tanks. I have flipped the red switch inside at my control panel and turned on the pump from my LCI touch display. When I do this I can hear a relay transfer somewhere up front. On the day I picked this up it was bitterly cold so I never did see it actually work from the dealer. Being I am new to this trailer I am assuming operator error. Does anybody know how to operate this? By the way there is not fuel level indicator on the LCI panel.

Attachments

• fuel guage.jpeg
    fuel guage.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11

jude

Does your on light come on when you flip the switch ?on the gage panel push the on button the pump should come on push the off button the pump should purge then go off looks like you have 2 tanks mine has to have about 10 gallons before the gage moves . You should have 1 bar on both gages even empty

david-steph2018

I have an external fuel gauge and pump control on my 2022 Cyclone 4115 as shown in the picture. It does not seem to turn on for me to check the fuel level in my tanks. I have flipped the red switch inside at my control panel and turned on the pump from my LCI touch display. When I do this I can hear a relay transfer somewhere up front. On the day I picked this up it was bitterly cold so I never did see it actually work from the dealer. Being I am new to this trailer I am assuming operator error. Does anybody know how to operate this? By the way there is not fuel level indicator on the LCI panel.
On our 2018 Road Warrior we have the dial gauge that will read both tanks. With your system, you probably will need to turn "on" the pump inside. This would be to keep individuals from filling their stuff for free from your rig. Then you turn "on" the pump there outside to use it.

Does your on light come on when you flip the switch ?on the gage panel push the on button the pump should come on push the off button the pump should purge then go off looks like you have 2 tanks mine has to have about 10 gallons before the gage moves . You should have 1 bar on both gages even empty
The light does come on when I flip the switch inside. I then went outside and pressed the On button on the panel. No Joy. I then went in to the LCI panel and turned on the pump. I could hear the relay energize. I went back out side and the panel still appears to be dead.

jude

Take out the screws and pull the gage panel out check the plug on the back Also check for voltage the plug could have pins damaged

Take out the screws and pull the gage panel out check the plug on the back Also check for voltage the plug could have pins damaged
Thanks. That will be my next steps when the winds calm and we get above 10 degrees. I found as I get older I'm a bit of a sissy when it comes to wind chills in the -10 to -20 range.

Thanks. That will be my next steps when the winds calm and we get above 10 degrees. I found as I get older I'm a bit of a sissy when it comes to wind chills in the -10 to -20 range.
Turns out that the tab that locks the cable connector to the back of the PCB is broken. Looks like when the cable bundle tied, they pulled the cable loose. I was able to create a little slack and reconnect it. Will put a dab of silicone to keep it in place.

Question: Will the generator fuel indicator only work when the generator is on?

jude

Both gages should work when you turn on the switch inside for a few minutes you should have at least one bar swap the two sensor wires on the back of the panel see if it works and the other one doesn’t

david-steph2018

Turns out that the tab that locks the cable connector to the back of the PCB is broken. Looks like when the cable bundle tied, they pulled the cable loose. I was able to create a little slack and reconnect it. Will put a dab of silicone to keep it in place.

Question: Will the generator fuel indicator only work when the generator is on?
Our works without the generator working. But we have the old analog gauge.