Equalizing gray tank levels on 2011 Rushmore

danemayer

I've seen some prior discussions but no conclusive answer. We fill up the gray #1 (bathroom shower/sink) tank way faster than the gray #2 (kitchen). Does anyone open both gray tank valves to transfer some of the shower water to the kitchen tank? Since the bathroom is higher than the kitchen, I'd expect that tank to be at least as high as the kitchen tank, if not higher. I have a gate valve on the outlet, so water that fills the 3" pipe will stay put.

Has anyone actually tried this? I'm thinking ahead to the Goshen rally where we won't have a full hookup, but we would still like to take showers.

Any reasons to not try this?

trvlrerik

I have done that also in an "emergency" where we could not dump. It worked but I did worry about the pressure and weight on the dump line under the camper since it is only lightweight pvc. I did get it emptied out of the line at the dump station before I traveled as 15' of 3 inch line full of water weighs a lot; I doubt if it is supported enough to take much road pounding full of water.

porthole

Retired
At times I keep the valves open to equalize and other times will open as needed. The 2nd way gives you an idea about how long before you have to dump.