Washer dryer combo Vent installation question

babsla

Is the vent on the outside a standard size vent that you can buy from Lowes? Does the vent touch the molding on the outside that runs down the side of RV? We bought a louvered vent from lowes and drilled a hole from inside the closet where it said to "drill here" and when we try to attach the vent on the outside it touches the molding. We would have to turn the vent slightly at an angle to make it work. I'm wondering if the vent that comes from Splendide is slightly smaller than the standard one from lowes.

jimtoo

Hi babsla,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share when needed.

I did move your post and started a new thread just for you. The other one was very old. If you would post what Heartland unit and model you have, it would help also. That way someone that has the same unit and has done the dryer install can help you better.

"Comonnn,,,how bout dat goood gumbo n crawfish dat gets cooked in Newberia??? Wens da cookoff dis yerr?" :) :) We will be coming thru to enjoy some really good food in about 6 weeks or so. Probably will be staying a Poche's Fish and Camp at Breaux Bridge or Betty's RV Park in Abbeville.

Meanwhile enjoy the forum.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Can't say I've looked a lot, but the vents I've seen at Lowe's were mostly plastic. The one on my W/D is chrome plated steel. The photo shows the placement relative to the nose trim.

View attachment 13240

57chevyconvt

Is the vent on the outside a standard size vent that you can buy from Lowes? Does the vent touch the molding on the outside that runs down the side of RV? We bought a louvered vent from lowes and drilled a hole from inside the closet where it said to "drill here" and when we try to attach the vent on the outside it touches the molding. We would have to turn the vent slightly at an angle to make it work. I'm wondering if the vent that comes from Splendide is slightly smaller than the standard one from lowes.

Buy the vent kit from Splendide. The louvered vent will not stand the test of time and wind before the louvers are beside the road, somewhere.

MauriceM

It sounds like the vent you bought from Lowe's is too big. It's probably one for a regular size
front load washer and dryer. It might be close to the molding on the edges but no on it. If you look at all the pictures or look at other campers, you'll see that it's near but not on the edge moulding. Just order a Splendide one and you should be fine.

Last edited: