Faulty Fireplace

billm

We have a 2011 Big Country 3450 and the fireplace fan will only run for 2 minutes and then shuts off. My dealer has told me that it needs a new part(don't remember what they called it) and they are waiting for the part for two other units as well. Anyone else having fireplace issues? It has been almost 3 weeks and no parts yet and they are claiming its the factorys fault. They have known about the problem since last October!

jnbhobe

Has it been taken apart? I have fixed a few of them, its always been a wire on the thermostat that needs to be sodered.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The part is probably not coming from HL. It's probably a ship direct from the fireplace manufacturer. I'm not sure how many parts HL stocks that are for suppliers products. I ordered a cabinet door thru HL but it was made and shipped from the door supplier. These things are not cars where all the parts are stocked in a big warehouse somewhere.

mikeandconnie

our thermostat went out the first week we used our fireplace, I took the unit out and left it at the repair shop and still used our RV. a week later I put it back in and still working great 1 1/2 years later.

tgdameron

Our fireplace went out, would run 1 minute and quit; wait 5 minutes and restart for 1 minute. I called Dimplex as per the User's Manual and they are shipping me the parts and arranging for a tech to come out to the trailer and install them. I called them on 5/24 and recevied and email from UPS that the parts will arrive on 6/2. Great service. Taking it back to the dealer was an option but the warranty for it said that Dimplex provides on-site service. We have a 2011 Cyclone 3800.