ATF: Bighorn - Computer Hookup

lizzymit

We have a 2011 Bighorn 3610RE. How do I play internet movies or online videos through my entertainment unit? Do i just set my tuner to USB and plug in my computer through a USB port? Thanks for all advise you have.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It may depend on which amplifier you have. With our Samsung HT-X20 (a discontinued bottom feeding unit), the USB port is useless for anything other than unknown Chinese devices. There are also no audio inputs to allow running the TV sound through the stereo speakers. You may have to connect your computer directly to the TV set.

Consult your manuals for the stereo and TV for more information. If I could find a better stereo that would fit in the confines of the cabinet, I'd replace mine. Unfortunately, when the thieves stole the TV's, they left it. Must have been smart crooks.

K

karykatz

lizzymit,

Try this from our local AV expert. See Below

Connect a VGA cable from the VGA output on the laptop to the VGA or HDMI input on the TV.

I hope this helps.

rebootsemi

Connect with HDMI to TV from computer, the sound then can be run out through the entertainment unit from the TV. I run movies with a laptop through the TV all the time.

ParkIt

Shop HDMI cables first - if you have the Jansen AWM970 series it compresses too much so output won't be what you might expect.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That's if her computer has a HDMI port on it. Maybe some of the newer ones do, but mine (laptop) only has the VGA port for connecting to TV's and projectors.

lizzymit

I bought the cables and it works fine as long as I get good reception through my Verizon aircard. Thanks for your comments.