Landmark Factory Backup Camera Brand/Model?

brianharrison

Landmark Factory Wireless Backup Camera Brand/Model?

I see the Landmark is now offered with a factory wireless Back up camera on the March updated MSRP (also listed in the options on the Heartland website). //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/24153-2012-Landmark-MSRP-14-Mar-2011

Does anyone know the make and model of this unit? There are lots of discussions about the wireless range (less than the length of the Landmark) making the reception and picture quality very poor when viewed in the cab of the TV.

Is it the CAMOS DW-703W that is included in the Heartland Owners Manual Section of the Tools?

Thoughts?

Take care,
Brian

Last edited:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Landmark Factory Wireless Backup Camera Brand/Model?

Yes that is the one. We did order ours with the cam. It has a transmitter in the gen area so distance should not be an issue. We have not used it yet since it does not work. I believe the connection between the cam and transmitter is not connected. I am going to look at it tomorrow and see if I can see where.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader

Brian;
We have a new Key Largo with the camera and it works great. 2peasinapod is correct the transmitter antenna is in the generator area. Last weekend we were at Rayford Crossing RV park and found we could get a good picture when the truck was parked at the back of the rig. I do not have the paperwork on the camera at home but I believe the model you showed was correct..

brianharrison

Thanks Michael amd Tom,

I did a little more homework on the internet tonight and have discovered the Wireless Monitor and transmitter are sold together (http://www.mito-oem.com/product.php?id=DW703W) and the camera is separate (http://www.mito-oem.com/product.php?id=CM32AH). The wireless uses the Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g protocols. Here is the flyer --> http://www.mito-oem.com/media/pdf/Wireless System Flyer.pdf

Another option is to purchase a video encoder/transmitter and receiver package and use any camera and monitor that is capable of displaying a NTSC video signal (I forget, are we NTSC or PAL in North America?) Linnk --> http://www.mito-oem.com/product.php?id=DVWS100W

I have not been able to find the CAMOS website or a retailer for this monitor/transmitter and camera. Anyone help? I may have to ask the Heartland factory if they might sell me one and I would install.

Has anyone ever ordered option parts from the factory and installed after the fact? Jim B are you able to chime in if you read this?

Take care,
Brian

jimtoo

Hi Brian,

Jim B cannot answer as he is out of the country on vacation for a couple of weeks. (why would someone that does nothing but travel in a very nice RV need a vacation?) I would suggest you call Heartland direct and ask. I would think the parts dept would be able to sell you one. But just call 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 and ask for parts department.

Let us know what answer you get and price also. And is it a complete kit?

Jim M

2psnapod2

I would think that HL would sell you this product or you could also contact the company that you found on the internet. I just hope my unit will work sometime. I checked all the connections by the transmitter and still nothing. The next step is to check the cable connection by the cam itself.

brianharrison

Thanks Jim too! I'll try Heartland parts; thanks for the numbers. If Jim B is out of country and on vacation without his RV it's probably because it's hard to tow a fifth wheel across the ocean, I suspect :D.

Michael, I was also going to call the Mito organization in Elkhart to see if they sell retail. Good luck with your unit. Is it possible to plug the LCD into the camera cable in the gen area to see if you have a wired signal from the camera? Maybe the wireless WiFi handshake is not communicating?

Take care,
Brian

jbeletti

Yes that is the one. We did order ours with the cam. It has a transmitter in the gen area so distance should not be an issue. We have not used it yet since it does not work. I believe the connection between the cam and transmitter is not connected. I am going to look at it tomorrow and see if I can see where.

Michael,

I have learned a couple of things about the CAMOS system:
  1. When they first connect, after I think 4 minutes, they disconnect for something like 10 seconds, then reconnect automatically. Some oddity in the software. Not really a hassle as there's nothing for the user to do, just odd.
  2. After I think 2 days of the transmitter sitting on, yet idle (not connected to the receiver in the truck), it will time out and shut off. Power cycle the transmitter and it restarts. I rotate my DC power switch off, then on (assuming shore power us also disconnected).
  3. Early firmware in my unit was not good and the units would rarely connect or stay connected. Replacement units with current firmware solved that. Contact Heartland Customer Service or MITO in Elkhart to inquire about a firmware update.

RollingHome

It appears the Camera is hard wired from the back of the RV to the front of the RV (generator compartment) and plugs into a wireless transmitter. The transmitter then broadcast (wireless signals) video and audio to a combination receiver/display in the TV cab. Is this correct ?

2psnapod2

I will be calling HL tomorrow on my cam. It sure will be nice to finally have it working.

LBallard

Is the Key Largo Pre-wired for the camera? It would be a nice add on later.

jbeletti

Is the Key Largo Pre-wired for the camera? It would be a nice add on later.

As we only offer the system when it is specified on a factory order, it's my belief that no wiring is pre-installed on all Landmarks. To know 100%, please contact the factory by phone at 574-262-5992 and ask for Landmark sales.

mmomega

AnyTimer

Our KL didn't come with the rear cam and like Jim said I don't believe it is prewired for it either I haven't noticed anything to make me believe that it is.

Also not to hijack the thread but since I want to add a rear cam and keep things in the truck as simple as possible. (Also you guys with an '06-'11 Ford w/ factory nav could do this.)

I will be ordering the CoastalTech LockPick... this allows Nav inputs while driving, allows DVD playback while driving and allows adding a second camera in addition to the factory tailgate cam. DVD Playback probably will never be used but it's there if the kids want to watch.

Pick up the 2nd Camera harness for the lockpick and then grab a camera w/ nightvision from them as well.

So cost being $239 for the lockpick, $89 for the camera and $39 for the 2nd camera harness. 75ft RCA video coax cable for $14.
I plan on running the rca cable from rear to the kingpin and down to the end of the 7 pin. Since I have the connector in the truck bed I'll put a female RCA beside the in-bed 7pin.

I retain a complete factory look and don't have to worry about wireless signals.

Again didn't mean to hijack in anyway but we just decided that we would like a camera added after-the-fact and for me this seemed like the simplest and cheaper solution.

brianharrison

Hi mmomega,

Thanks for posting, let us know how it works out when you get it all installed.

Take care,
Brian

mmomega

AnyTimer

Well bad news for me at the moment. I talked to Coastaletech and they say if you currently have a factory navigation with factory backup camera you can not add a 2nd.

If you have factory navigation with no backup camera you can add 2 cameras and activate them no matter what gear you are in, so you can watch behind the trailer while driving forward no problem.

They assured me they are working on a unit for us with factory cameras so could be next week or next year. I just don't want to have to wait that long so until then I'll be searching for something different.