ATF: North Country - pull out bumper question

Daniel

Hi, I am new to this website. I have a 2011 TrailRunner 22RBQ and I am wondering if I can get some advice about pulling out the rear bumper an extra 10-12 inches and drill new holes, for the pins, in order to carry two adult bikes on it. Right now it just doesn't come out far enough. Thank you for any help.

jimtoo

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will get some opinions soon. The Heartland line is really good and with the factory support we get, you can't beat it.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

bryanb70

bryanb
i wouldnt if you extend the cargo deck any further it will allow the deck to much vertical movement and it will tear and seperate from the frame. ie it will break off
you would be better off installing a bike carrier either on the ladder or install a bumper mount rack be sure not to exceed the 200# load limit on the bumper

bryan

Duramax1

I have just installed a bumper mounted rack and I will be within the 200# load limit mentioned in the previous post.

But I am curious as to where you were able to obtain that information?

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
I have just installed a bumper mounted rack and I will be within the 200# load limit mentioned in the previous post.

But I am curious as to where you were able to obtain that information?

On my trailer there was a label/decal on the pull out rail that stated 200# max. I only guess it is the same on all pull out bumpers?

lorax

When I pulled out the carrier on my Prowler, there is room for two bikes. Securing those bikes is a little sketchy. I'm parked now so all is well but I'll put them back in the cap while we are traveling.
Ted