Slider hitch for shortbox.

Hi,
I just bought a F350 King Ranch crewcab.It is a shortbox.I Have a Bighorn 3055. Should I get a slider hitch,with this truck.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There are many opinions on that. I have a short bed GMC and no slider. Never needed one. Some peeps have sliders and never use them, and some use them once every three years.
Personally I dont see a need for one. But that is only my opinion.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

If you were on this side of the country I'd sell you an 18K super-glide the best automatic slider there is.

Jimmy

As stated before, It is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it...

rebootsemi

Yes get a slider, they say you can turn almost 90 degrees without one, trust me don't try it if you are going up a steep drive way with the truck while turning. I hit the back of my cab with the bubble on the front of the trailer, only a $800 dent.

Lamphere

We have a GMC 2500 short box crew cab and purchased the 16K with round tube sliders. It is very easy to slide but we haven't needed to use it yet. We slid it out once just to try it but where we have been traveling it has not been necessary. But, as everyone has said tis better to have and not need than need and not have.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Before we traded our 3055RL we were hauling it with an F250 Crew Cab, short bed and although we have a manual slider we never used it! Again, it's better to have it and not need it....JMO

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Had a S/B with a slider. Used it 2 times in 4 years. We have a long box now...really don't need it now. One thing I have found is you get some movement from them starting and stopping.