ATF: Bighorn - Ceiling A/C Vents cannot be closed off

rono

On our 2011 3070 the Ceiling A/C vents can be directed but can not be closed off to allow other vents more airflow. On our 2005 Cardinal 5th wheel the ceiling not only could be directed but also had louvers that would allow the vent to be closed. Does Heartland have any of these kind of vents from other product lines that could be used in the Bighorns? I found this to be a very useful feature in our old 5th wheel. If not do you know where ones that would work could be purchased.

Thanks

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well I see that Jimmy beat me to it. Those are the people that supply HL with all their duct work. Good people and good prices.

SmokeyBare

Really should reconsider closing vents in my opinion. Closing vents to attempt to redirect additional air to others left open could cause the condenser to freeze up and in turn block any air flow through the condenser.

Another idea might be for a thorough investigation of the duct work and A/C unit it self for any air leaks that might possibly be causing cold conditioned air going in places other than the main rooms of the RV. Many have done this with good results of improved air flow. If there are leaks out of the A/C duct work and into the Ceiling area... closing ceiling vents will only put more air pressure on the duct work system and force more air into places you don't need conditioned air going.

Marv