Camping in Atlanta, GA??

charlie51

Does anyone know of a decent campground in or around Atlanta other that Stone Mountain? Looking for a place to stay next month while my son has a baseball tournament there.

campers2

There are a good many COE parks above Atlanta. In fact we stayed there one July for my grandsons baseball playoffs. Nice cg but the ballfields sure were hot. Also check out Red Top Mountain SP.

SmokeyBare

If Close to Atlanta is what your after, if easy off & on the Interstate ( I-85 Exit 101) you can give Jones RV Park a try. This is a place to park, not a RV Park with a swimming pool or a playground. It provides a reasonable priced (considering your close to a large City) place with sewers hook ups at every site, good water and excellent 50 or 30 Amp electrical power. They do have a laundry but when we stay there we always use off site places (with bigger & more machines) for our laundry. The park is a good stop over location for those winter travelers and serves also for those working in the area for a few months. http://www.jonesrvpark.com/

Marv

ATLJOHN

Charlie51 where is your son playing ball at. Traffic could be a problem if you stay north of Atlanta and need to travel south of the city.

charlie51

From what I'm being told it may be at several different parks scattered in and around Atlanta. It's the John Smoltz Wood Bat Classic in July and they are expecting several hundred players from around the the country. We may end up getting a hotel. It may be better commute wise.