Best $20 spent on those with a Heavy Tailgate.?!

mmomega

AnyTimer
Just saw this on my truck forums, I think I'll definitely be grabbing this mod for myself.

Part was $19.99 at the local O'Riellys Auto Parts. The tailgate with step, hand bar, camera, etc made the tailgate fairly heavy for the wife to open. Heck it was sometimes hard for me to open with my hands full of other junk. Now its just a simple lift of the handle and let go. Takes around 3 seconds for the tailgate to fully open. Awesome and cheap!

Here are the numbers off of the cylinder:

008671 0000N 159/08 A 2

Bighurt

Thanks!

BTW Ford has the lightest tailgate of the big three. The other two are at least double the weight, and from what I've put mine through it still handles the abuse.

Rrloren

I have it and it is great but it only assists on the opening in case you didn't know. Still gotta lift it to close.

Rrloren

I think about the same. When I bought mine I thought it worked both ways , it does stop the slamming on the opening tho.

Peteandsharon

Thanks!

BTW Ford has the lightest tailgate of the big three. The other two are at least double the weight, and from what I've put mine through it still handles the abuse.

Yeah, when I got the 2008 F250 I couldn't believe how light it was compared to my previous '99 F250. Like night and day difference. The spray on bed liner added a little weight to the tailgate but still much lighter than before.

Duramax1

I have it and it is great but it only assists on the opening in case you didn't know. Still gotta lift it to close.

My Chevrolet Silverado came with an easy lift tailgate assist.

I added the EZ down tailgate assist which I think is worth the money.

hoefler

My Ram has a torsion spring on the tail gate from the factory, that makes opening and closing with one hand a breeze.