What Valve Stem for Aluminum Wheels

SilverRhino

My TPMS ( TST 507 ) will be arriving today. The valve stems on my BC are the basic rubber type. If my memory is correct, it is recommended that metal valve stems be used with the TPMS sending units.

My coach is a 2010 with aluminum wheels. Does anyone know what size, diameter and length of replacement valve stem I need to order?

Second question; should I use aluminum stems or can any of the steel stems be used?

SilverRhino

Randy;

I've been to the Myers web site.....Just wasn't sure what I needed for the BC wheels. Already have the metal stems on the Dodge TV....So just need to get the BC ready for my new toy!

Thanks ;

Randy

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
You will need a steel stem sometimes referred to as an Enki valve. The ones that have the steel stem but rubber base are not strong enough.

valve.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just a thought, why not take your tires in to a tire shop and have them install the new stems and balance your tires with the TPMS monitors on.
Mine are steel and stick out from the rim about 1 inch.

Peace
Dave

lwmcguir

The steel stems are isolated via the rubber bushings so there aren't any galvanic corrosion issues with the less noble metal. I use Dyna Beads but you should either balance or use something internally. Pays off with less vibration in the coach and reduces the wear and tear.

SilverRhino

Just a thought, why not take your tires in to a tire shop and have them install the new stems and balance your tires with the TPMS monitors on.
Mine are steel and stick out from the rim about 1 inch.

Peace
Dave

That's what I planned on doing, but I thought to be on the safe side I would show up with the valve stems in hand. Guess I'll go by and see what they have on hand, then if I need to I will order some.