tank monitoring system upgrade BC 3355rl

I am considering upgrading my tank level monitoirng system to the SeeLevel sytem, but need to access the tanks to install the monitors. Has anyone installed this system? What is the easiest way to access all the tanks to install the monitor strips?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know for sure, but I would drop the underbelly. Have a look around.

Peace
Dave

Brandon.Prewitt

What is the deal with the tank level monitoring system, we have been in ours two weeks and have dumped 3 times due to the monitor saying it was over 2/3's full. I am hardly there and it's just my wife there most of the day, no kids. With a 45 gallon tank I would expect it to last longer.

Bighurt

I've had mine read full and drain in 2 minutes, then read empty. I've also had it read 2/3 or 3/4 whatever it is, and take 15 minutes. I can see the black tank getting a piece of debris on the sensor and miss read but the gray tanks...

Of all the crucial things on these rigs I wonder as well why Heartland doesn't use a higher end system, to monitor tank levels.

SilverRhino

The black tank gauge on our BC has been off since trip one. Everyone says it's just the nature of the beast, but, our previous fifth wheel (SOB) was 15 years old when we sold it and the tank monitors were always right on. Guess I should have kept them when we sold it :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

ParkIt

Have you checked the components to an "Arctic System"? Reason I ask is I had one installed on the MH, the shop guys filled me in on how to access the inside of the tank from the outside then use the wrap around warmer bands which requires setting in a new sensor.
I felt like McGyver doing it, not really difficult at all but you feel like you are fishing in the dark.

brianharrison

I am considering upgrading my tank level monitoirng system to the SeeLevel sytem, but need to access the tanks to install the monitors. Has anyone installed this system? What is the easiest way to access all the tanks to install the monitor strips?

I am considering this mod - here is a link to a basic install on modmyrv. http://www.modmyrv.com/2009/01/12/rv-holding-tank-monitor-system

Access to my fresh water tank requires the dropping of the underbelly chloroplast (mounted behind the axles), my grey water #1 and waste are behind my basement panel, and I have not yet looked for the grey water #2, but I suspect it is behind the chloroplast in front of the axles.

The chloroplast is a one piece from factory (on my unit) and I have cut it just between the axles. To re-join I have installed a 2x4 board resting crossways on the frame rails and used wood screws where the two pieces join. There is a special "underbelly tape" 3 inches wide that I bought off a rv service shop. THis provides a water tight connection.

Take care,
Brian