PDA

View Full Version : Garage Floor

tmax264
05-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Does anyone know what the garage floor is made of and what to use to get it back to its origional black color mine looks fade from cleaning.

trvlrerik
05-28-2011, 05:09 PM
I know that I have put Armor All on the floor, it looked great but was so slick that I washed it with simple green and rinsed it down very good but putting the trailer nose high and using a hose and left it alone. I have not noticed any fading doing this. I try to keep oil off of the floor from any leaking or toy maintanance by using pizza boxes with kitty litter under them.

In my opinion a floor with a little traction is better in the garage than a shiny surface floor.

ParkIt
05-29-2011, 06:08 AM
Not sure but you might try Monstaliner if it isn't a composite material. I rocked it on both Jeeps, now its cover the dash and hose it down with no color fade or damage. Also acts as a sound damping so its worth looking into.

Ray LeTourneau
05-29-2011, 07:02 AM
You might try 303 on a small area to see if it's too slippery. It should be less slick than Armoral and it's good protection. I tried checking the Monstaliner website but it kept crashing Firefox. There are other sites that carry Monstaliner. It's a DIY application bed liner.

codycarver
05-29-2011, 07:54 AM
I've been using this http://www.detailsupplyoutlet.com/item.htm?item_num=117 on my rubber/vinyl trim. I've been very happy with the results. It looks great on my tires and dust isn't attracted to it. I used it on the trim of my 01 Dodge and the difference was striking. I haven't tried it on any interior applications yet.