tow vehicle for Cyclone 3950

cb1313

I have a 2008 3500 diesel Chevy 4 door dullie with a banks exhaust and computer mod. The computer mod. is set up for towing. I pull a Road Warrior 3850. Cb

trvlrerik

I use my 1 ton Ford in my signature, I have added ride-rite airbags and upgraded the truck brakes with Brembo units (larger discs and pads). My 3912 gets heavy at times. I am planning on going to a dually after I hit 200k on my current truck around 2013, but I am satisfied for now.

tgreening

A 2008 Ford F-450, bone stock at the moment. My 3950 has pin weight of 4,300 lbs and all things factored this leaves me with an 800 lb. cushion on my axle rating. The camper weighs in at 16,500 lbs, with empty tanks, and nothing much to speak of in the garage. I'm not exactly sure how some guys are loading these up fuel,water multiple atvs or whatnot, staying under the trailers rating, and then motoring down the road in much less.

gpshemi

Drag my 3612 all around (despite our original plan) with a SRW. Next truck could be a dually, but probably won't be. I'm pretty happy the way it is really.

crazybanshee

rumaco our pin weight is approx 4300# also The Cyclones are a heavy trailer. I only use my F350 to move our trailer in and out of storage. My family is wirth 8 MPG. Running a overloaded pickup is just a lack of common sense. IMHO

tgdameron

I have a 2011 3800 and it weighs in at 18620 fully loaded with toys, water, fuel, food, etc., which is the worst case as I would not pull it very far filled like that. The pin weight is 3540 with the axle weights at 14980. I pull it with a 08 Ford F-450 which weigths in at 10520 with a 100 gals of fuel and three people. It is rock solid on the road and in bad weather where the road is wet from rain, sleet and snow. Hope this helps.

CabinetmakerII

I have a 2011 3800 and it weighs in at 18620 fully loaded with toys, water, fuel, food, etc., which is the worst case as I would not pull it very far filled like that. The pin weight is 3540 with the axle weights at 14980. I pull it with a 08 Ford F-450 which weigths in at 10520 with a 100 gals of fuel and three people. It is rock solid on the road and in bad weather where the road is wet from rain, sleet and snow. Hope this helps.

tgdameron, Are you experiancing any "Chucking" issues with your rig? We also have a new 2012 3800 we are towing with a 2011 F-450 dually. I have a Companion 5th Wheel hitch coupled to B&W Turnover Ball system. I am being told this is pretty common for large 5th wheels. If yes, have you made any attempt to eliminate the chucking with either air ride pin box or hitch? Not sure which is the best fix for this problem.

I am pulling our nused 2009 3950 with a 2010 dodge 3500 laramie megacab package and I have to admit this combo is the cats meow after pulling my tow behind trailer (30 foot toyhauler) with a 1999 f350 bagged and loaded w/banks system. I am in the process of installing the Mohryde pinbox because of slight chucking with the stock trailer pinbox. I have also gone with a gooseneck setup so I can have the bed of the truck back anytime I need it. Well be installing the ground control leveling system by Reico-Titan this weekend so we can pull in and level out with no conscerns

jwalker1

I currently have a 2011 Cyclone 3950 HD and tow it with a 2011 Ford F350 4X2 Dually Diesel. We just made a trip (about 2.5 hours) to Corpus Christi NAS and it towed like a dream. I do have the Reese Hitch that is an option on the 2011 Fords and we get no chucking at all. I don't travel with anything in the tanks and I had my wifes 350 lb. Scooter in the back. I will eventually be putting both the scooter and my harley in the garage. From what I understand the more weight you have in the garage (especially if it's equally distributed the less the pin weight is. Hope this helps.

tgreening

The specs show that 5th wheel pin weight at 3346 lbs
Which is why the folks that have traveled this road well will tell you to never base your weight decisions based solely on factory stated specs. They don't always pan out in the real world.

thanks to all that answered. I have located a F550 crewcab 4x4. Specs for hauling puts me in the ball park for weight. Thinking thats the best I can do short of a Big Semi rig. Thhis is my first time at Full Time RVing. I will probably make some mistakes but I do appreciate all of the experience out there.